Around The NHL Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Price is getting outplayed by Allen this year and he still has 6 years left at a huge cap hit. They are gonna be stuck in the middle for a long time, and it feels like that's where they've been for the most part for over a decade now. For such an iconic franchise, they have been very indistinct outside of Price's heroics since the full season lockout.

I'm not the first person to say this, but never sign goalies to long contracts unless the cap hit is too low to pass up.
Oh I could go on a tirade of why Montreal should be considered a joke in this league, and my reasonings go well beyond that insane Carey Price contract (although that’s definitely part of it).

But truthfully, Montreal is just a result of Bergevin being a complete idiot in roster construction, competitive direction, and terrible spending habits. Maybe it’s unfair to use that replay of him throwing the puck into his own net to define his playing career, but it certainly defines his GMing perfectly.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Oh I could go on a tirade of why Montreal should be considered a joke in this league, and my reasonings go well beyond that insane Carey Price contract (although that’s definitely part of it).

But truthfully, Montreal is just a result of Bergevin being a complete idiot in roster construction, competitive direction, and terrible spending habits. Maybe it’s unfair to use that replay of him throwing the puck into his own net to define his playing career, but it certainly defines his GMing perfectly.
*our own net. Somehow, it always comes back to us

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Given his tendency to step on rakes, maybe we’ll get lucky and the 3rd round pick we got for Allen will be the next Brayden Point.

Edit: Wow, forgot we already made the pick. For some reason I thought the trade happened after the draft and was for a 2021 3rd. Nice to know that Dylan Peterson is going to be a stud. :laugh:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Their fans on this board drive me a bit nuts. Same with Edmonton - just over the top. And a big part of that is due to numbers, but man it seems they have a large number of ...... that post here. I like to root against them.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Their fans on this board drive me a bit nuts. Same with Edmonton - just over the top. And a big part of that is due to numbers, but man it seems they have a large number of ...... that post here. I like to root against them.
That honestly may have something to do why I feel so emotional when thinking about that team. I honestly shouldn't care what happens in Montreal, but for whatever reason, I get passionate for how much I dislike what that team has done, how it operates, and where that team is heading. The most logical answer is how often I hear about them from fans, the hockey media, and my extended family. It becomes bothersome to hear how Montreal is headed in the "right direction" year-after-year when that same team will decide to spend $23 million on the likes of Karl Alzner. Or how confused the team is when players like Mete is covered in scars and burns after they decided the best path for his development is a swim in an active volcano.

I fully admit I'm petty for being so disparaging over them for seemingly no reason. It must be all of the talk I hear about them that makes me take such pleasure in their despair.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
That honestly may have something to do why I feel so emotional when thinking about that team. I honestly shouldn't care what happens in Montreal, but for whatever reason, I get passionate for how much I dislike what that team has done, how it operates, and where that team is heading. The most logical answer is how often I hear about them from fans, the hockey media, and my extended family. It becomes bothersome to hear how Montreal is headed in the "right direction" year-after-year when that same team will decide to spend $23 million on the likes of Karl Alzner. Or how confused the team is when players like Mete is covered in scars and burns after they decided the best path for his development is a swim in an active volcano.

I fully admit I'm petty for being so disparaging over them for seemingly no reason. It must be all of the talk I hear about them that makes me take such pleasure in their despair.

I'm curious where you live that the Habs mania would be worse than the Leafs media monopoly - you don't strike me as being Québécois from reading your posts?

I've worked in every province west of Ontario, small and major Canadian cities alike (Winnipeg, Calgary, Kelowna, visited Vancouver multiple times a year for a decade) and none of them come close to the Leafs fascination for their own sports teams.

That somewhere outside of Québec the Habs gushing would overtake the Leaf obsession is hard to believe.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Don't worry the superstar treatment effect will happen and Blichfield will be supsended for 3 games I bet minimum, whereas Bozak gets injured and zero suspension or fine.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It would be a real shame if Stone was tripped up and slid into the boards getting severely injured in the process. His screams of pain wouldn't be sweet music to my ears or anything like that, it would totally be a coincidence that I laughed and cheered at that exact same moment. Total coincidence.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It would be a real shame if Stone was tripped up and slid into the boards getting severely injured in the process. His screams of pain wouldn't be sweet music to my ears or anything like that, it would totally be a coincidence that I laughed and cheered at that exact same moment. Total coincidence.
200w.gif

Reactions: TK 421

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So Blichfeld was just suspended 2 games because he committed the cardinal sin of checking a star player who put himself in a bad spot and got injured.

Meanwhile it's totes cool to assault non star players because they don't count as people.

The rule is if you're a star player you have no responsibility for your own actions. That's for the plebs to worry about. Just do whatever you want and big daddy DOPS will take care of the rest. Rules are for others, not you. You're special.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So Blichfeld was just suspended 2 games because he committed the cardinal sin of checking a star player who put himself in a bad spot and got injured.

Meanwhile it's totes cool to assault non star players because they don't count as people.

The rule is if you're a star player you have no responsibility for your own actions. That's for the plebs to worry about. Just do whatever you want and big daddy DOPS will take care of the rest. Rules are for others, not you. You're special.
Looked alot like play Blais got (rightfully) suspended for. I thought Stone play was far worse.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Well Daryl Sutter is back as of tonight. Returning to coach the Flames again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad