Around The NHL Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I don't know if anyone saw, but JR finally spilled the beans about Parayko. Whoever discussed him having back issues was right on the dot. Idk what that means for Colt and if he can get healthy, but let's hope it's not as serious as it seems

Back injury huh. As someone who has a bad back it's something you don't mess with. I'm not saying his career is done but depending on the type of injury and severity of it, there's a chance. Take it from my experience.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Back injury huh. As someone who has a bad back it's something you don't mess with. I'm not saying his career is done but depending on the type of injury and severity of it, there's a chance. Take it from my experience.
Yea, those are just injuries that seem to almost never go away. Once you got em, you got em for good. Hopefully it's not like a disc issue or anything like that, but you never know. Apparently it's from this year and JR speculates it happened against Anaheim in the 6-1 win.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yea, those are just injuries that seem to almost never go away. Once you got em, you got em for good. Hopefully it's not like a disc issue or anything like that, but you never know. Apparently it's from this year and JR speculates it happened against Anaheim in the 6-1 win.
If it happened during games this season, that’s a positive detail that increases the likelihood of it not being a chronic issue, in contrast to if we were told this was something that happened in the bubble or earlier.

I’d speculated about his back a couple weeks ago, but after JR’s cryptic comments I’d started wondering about a sports hernia. A soft tissue back injury is probably the best scenario. In that case resting for a while should help significantly.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If it happened during games this season, that’s a positive detail that increases the likelihood of it not being a chronic issue, in contrast to if we were told this was something that happened in the bubble or earlier.

I’d speculated about his back a couple weeks ago, but after JR’s cryptic comments I’d started wondering about a sports hernia. A soft tissue back injury is probably the best scenario. In that case resting for a while should help significantly.
You're definitely smarter than I about those types of medical problems players deal with. Initially they were so cryptic with it, and personally I've never had back issues when playing roller hockey, so I couldn't guess what his play was a result of. It makes sense now that it would've been something wrong with his back since he couldn't get up to speed, was standing around, stick checking was bad; he was clearly limiting his movement with his back as opposed to the covid issues I thought he had. Hindsight is 20-20 though

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You're definitely smarter than I about those types of medical problems players deal with. Initially they were so cryptic with it, and personally I've never had back issues when playing roller hockey, so I couldn't guess what his play was a result of. It makes sense now that it would've been something wrong with his back since he couldn't get up to speed, was standing around, stick checking was bad; he was clearly limiting his movement with his back as opposed to the covid issues I thought he had. Hindsight is 20-20 though
Saying, “back issue” is such a wide differential of possibilities, we don’t know much. But if it happened in recent weeks, during a game, and he didn’t miss games at the time of injury...I think we can deduce a bit about the nature of this. Apparently the team and Colton thought he could play through it and things would get better. I also understand why they wouldn’t want to publicize it was his back, when opponents can so easily cross check him right on the area involved. I get the team’s approach.

I’m repeating myself, but I think a Covid shutdown for the Blues right now might be a positive development all things considered.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Saying, “back issue” is such a wide differential of possibilities, we don’t know much. But if it happened in recent weeks, during a game, and he didn’t miss games at the time of injury...I think we can deduce a bit about the nature of this. Apparently the team and Colton thought he could play through it and things would get better. I also understand why they wouldn’t want to publicize it was his back, when opponents can so easily cross check him right on the area involved. I get the team’s approach.

I’m repeating myself, but I think a Covid shutdown for the Blues right now might be a positive development all things considered.

So I guess we can agree is it a shoulder injury......

For those who don't get it, most of the time teams keep injuries on the down low.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Luke Schenn on Waivers. with the Blues dropping like flies every game would not surprise me to see them pick him up.
tenor.gif

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Haha, big LD fan here!

I can see why fans would be skeptical, but all he has to do is replace Gunnars +/- 12 mins per game and he wouldn't cost any assets. Plus, the Schenn brothers seem pretty close and it would be a feel-good story for the season.

I don't really care either way, just felt it makes sense considering the timing of him going on waivers.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Montreal is doing their best to go nowhere very quickly.

Julien might not be the best coach in the NHL, but that roster is far too flawed and he still managed to get the most out of the players. He wasn’t the problem. Marc Bergevin having no idea how to assemble a team and Montreal’s inability to develop players are the problem.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol I love it. Habs fans were hyping up Bergevin and their team big time after 10 games and I knew that wouldn’t last.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
San Jose just had a positive test cancelling their game tomorrow. We'll see how it affects our series for the weekend

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Montreal is doing their best to go nowhere very quickly.

Julien might not be the best coach in the NHL, but that roster is far too flawed and he still managed to get the most out of the players. He wasn’t the problem. Marc Bergevin having no idea how to assemble a team and Montreal’s inability to develop players are the problem.

Price is getting outplayed by Allen this year and he still has 6 years left at a huge cap hit. They are gonna be stuck in the middle for a long time, and it feels like that's where they've been for the most part for over a decade now. For such an iconic franchise, they have been very indistinct outside of Price's heroics since the full season lockout.

I'm not the first person to say this, but never sign goalies to long contracts unless the cap hit is too low to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad