Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Backes to Anaheim. I remember when Boston fans said it would be easy to dump him and that he wouldn't cost them much to do so. I like the deal for them and like Kase, but they definitely paid a price to get rid of 75% of Backes.

Didn't realize Boston retained on Backes! That's interesting.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Both Carolina goalies got hurt during the game tonight, so they had to use the Zamboni driver as the emergency goalie. They STILL beat Toronto. Holy meltdown on the Leafs boards! I love it.
My favorite quote came from the main boards:

“Having the guy who cost you 2 crucial points on your own payroll is peak Leafs”

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I know it is a little risky to be trading Allen so soon, but the situation in Carolina might be an opportunity to get maximum value for him. Hmmm ...
tenor.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Leafs losing to their minor league affiliate's 42 year old zamboni driver is the feel good story of the year.

i didn't know about this until this morning when i saw the (epic) thread on the main boards. I had to immediately watch last night's replay, from the 11 minute mark of the 2nd period on. what an awesome, AWESOME game. The fact that the Canes had a 2 goal lead when they brought in the Marlie's zamboni driver to play goal, then saw the Leafs score on two of their next 3 shots made it such a colossal failure on Toronto's part to end up being the team that lost by 3 goals. BrindA'mour and Keefe's expressions throughout the game were the best. Such a great story for David Ayers. Couldn't have happened against a better squad.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The collapse of the Leafs dynasty before it ever started was amazing. Now they are desperate that Petro signs with him. Hopefully he stays here and Stl and delivers the final kick in the Teeth. Boy wonder GM folded that team so fast

Reactions: brokeu91

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The collapse of the Leafs dynasty before it ever started was amazing. Now they are desperate that Petro signs with him. Hopefully he stays here and Stl and delivers the final kick in the Teeth. Boy wonder GM folded that team so fast
He clearly didn’t learn the lesson of what caused the Hawks decline, and even doubled down on that path by tying that much money and more in four forwards and neglected to build a complete roster, overpaying role players along the way.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just had to stop in and join you guys in relishing the Toronto situation lol, hopefully I won't be shouted out for being a COL fan. Why wouldn't Pietrangelo re-sign with you guys anyways?

My thoughts towards the leafs:

He hasnt re signed yet. So were all antsy about it.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Just had to stop in and join you guys in relishing the Toronto situation lol, hopefully I won't be shouted out for being a COL fan. Why wouldn't Pietrangelo re-sign with you guys anyways?

My thoughts towards the leafs:

$$$$ + Canada + boyhood dreams + who knows?

He's a competitor, so he may think his next challenge is to walk in to a new team and build a winner there. Who knows but Petro?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Ovie is 194 goals away from Gretzky.

He’s on pace for 57 goals but he’s missed a couple of games. I think giving him a hypothetical 55 is generous. That would give him 713.

That’s 181 behind Gretzky. Ovie would need to score 30 goals for 6 more seasons. I have been wrong before but I don’t think he gets there. Ovie will be 35 going into next season. At some point soon Father Time has to catch up with him.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

He’s on pace for 57 goals but he’s missed a couple of games. I think giving him a hypothetical 55 is generous. That would give him 713.

That’s 181 behind Gretzky. Ovie would need to score 30 goals for 6 more seasons. I have been wrong before but I don’t think he gets there. Ovie will be 35 going into next season. At some point soon Father Time has to catch up with him.
We were saying this same thing for Jagr and he played another 7 years after returning from the KHL. Hell, he's STILL playing. I think Ovie will have enough will to keep playing till he breaks that record, but thats my opinion.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
We were saying this same thing for Jagr and he played another 7 years after returning from the KHL. Hell, he's STILL playing. I think Ovie will have enough will to keep playing till he breaks that record, but thats my opinion.

Agreed. Even if he loses 50% of his game, all he needs is to still have that PP one-timer and he'll get there. He's only missed a handful of games due to injury through his career, he's been extremely durable in spite of the heavy game he has played for the most part.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I'd wager he ends up with close to 50 next season as well, and at that point, he'd be 4 seasons away at most. Him playing until he's 40 is pretty reasonable and I think the only thing that'd stop him from breaking the record would be a potential lockout coming up.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

I don’t know if he can do it. A lot has to fall right for him. But I hope he gets close enough to make it interesting. It would also be wonderful if a Russian player could seize that mantle.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
[DET/EDM] Mike Green (50% retained) for Kyle Brodziak + cond. 2020 4th round pick

[WSH/MTL] Ilya Kovalchuk (50% retained) for 2020 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->