Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Sounds like Reinhart is pissed. Next guy out of Buffalo?

A couple of those media guys were clearly trying to antagonize Reinhart. 1st guy basically said he quit back checking on a goal against and when Reinhart said he wasn't going to address that (the guy had just insinuated he was the reason for the goal against) the 2nd guy belligerently asks, "Why not?".

Assholes, both of them. Good for Reinhart, media can eat free food, watch a free game and wait for soundbites like the little worthless do nothings they are commenting on the deeds of greater men than themselves.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
A couple of those media guys were clearly trying to antagonize Reinhart. 1st guy basically said he quit back checking on a goal against and when Reinhart said he wasn't going to address that (the guy had just insinuated he was the reason for the goal against) the 2nd guy belligerently asks, "Why not?".

*******s, both of them. Good for Reinhart, media can eat free food, watch a free game and wait for soundbites like the little worthless do nothings they are commenting on the deeds of greater men than themselves.
So, you're saying you like sports journalists?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

*******s, both of them. Good for Reinhart, media can eat free food, watch a free game and wait for soundbites like the little worthless do nothings they are commenting on the deeds of greater men than themselves.
Not sure, but same type of thing if it would happend in St. Louis it would affect some havoc. People would be pissed for player being unprofessional or why journalist was on the edge of asking that kind of questions. But yeah, I just said Buffalo players are boiling under their own skins.

I'm really suprised if Ristolainen doesn't move and get traded at off-season. It has been noted and interviewed many times in he's unhappy in Buffalo.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
don't look now, but the Preds are essentially back in a playoff spot (due to games in hand), and a very-likely 1st round opponent for the Blues.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Not sure, but same type of thing if it would happend in St. Louis it would affect some havoc. People would be pissed for player being unprofessional or why journalist was on the edge of asking that kind of questions. But yeah, I just said Buffalo players are boiling under their own skins.

I'm really suprised if Ristolainen doesn't move and get traded at off-season. It has been noted and interviewed many times in he's unhappy in Buffalo.
I'd like to say Chris Pronger got sassy with the media almost daily and he's still loved in St. Louis

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Isn't everyone unhappy in Buffalo?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'd like to say Chris Pronger got sassy with the media almost daily and he's still loved in St. Louis
Hehe, you compare to one of the toughest dmen in NHL for decent high end ovr prospect. Well, carry on, carry on. :)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Galchenyuk basically a throw in for cap purposes. I remember when some here wanted him. So glad we dodged that bullet!
Idk, what Calen Addison is worth, but IMO that price is heavy for Zucker no matter he has few Yeats left from his contract.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
If the Blues could fit another 5M player into the salary structure, I would have easily done Perunovich and 2020 1st for 3.5 years of Zucker at 5M.

Galchenyuk has been on the block all season with no takers. I don't think missing a comparable player like Galchenyuk would have derailed the deal. Dealing within the Central might have.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
If the Blues could fit another 5M player into the salary structure, I would have easily done Perunovich and 2020 1st for 3.5 years of Zucker at 5M.

Galchenyuk has been on the block all season with no takers. I don't think missing a comparable player like Galchenyuk would have derailed the deal. Dealing within the Central might have.

I don't think trading for Zucker would've been a good idea for us. I've been reading a bit on both the Wild and the Pens boards and there are a couple of red flags popping up. I haven't really been following the Wild this season but apparantly Zucker isn't playing that good and occasionally has been relegated to the 4th line. Another point is that his wife has a kid from a previous relationship that prevents her from leaving the state, so Zucker is going to be all alone for the majority of the time.

On one hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Zucker flourishes on a line with either Crosby or Malkin, but on the other hand I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do any better then Chucky did.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Low prices at TDL? Not sure I was right pricess will be high. So saying Kreider will easily get 1st +

So Kyrou + 1st for Kreider. :deadhorse

MIN trades Jason Zucker to PIT for Galchenyuk, 2020 first-round pick and Calen Addison
Zucker has three more years left on his contract after this season, and was traded for a 1st, a cap dump and an A-/B+ prospect. That's less than what we paid for Schenn and less than what we paid for ROR.

There will be very little comparison between a trade for a forward with that much term and a rental.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

Off topic but it reminds me how Marshawn Lynch got branded as unlikable by the media in the NFL, even though the media were the only ones who disliked him. Teammates, former teammates (especially Aaron Rodgers), coaches (proven by the fact that his old coaches signed him out of retirement this year rather than signing someone off the street), Seattle fans, and neutral fans generally liked him. Yet he was somehow a jerk because he didn't like doing interviews. I'm not nearly as anti-media/journalism as some people, but it's funny when sports journalists think the fanbase will support them by default in a disagreement with a player or coach.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Off topic but it reminds me how Marshawn Lynch got branded as unlikable by the media in the NFL, even though the media were the only ones who disliked him. Teammates, former teammates (especially Aaron Rodgers), coaches (proven by the fact that his old coaches signed him out of retirement this year rather than signing someone off the street), Seattle fans, and neutral fans generally liked him. Yet he was somehow a jerk because he didn't like doing interviews. I'm not nearly as anti-media/journalism as some people, but it's funny when sports journalists think the fanbase will support them by default in a disagreement with a player or coach.
Yeah, I mean, look what buffalo media did to O'Reilly too lol.

Reactions: BrokenFace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad