Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
It was a great goal by him though
He is helluva hockey player, no denying that. Just one of those guys who you would probably love if he wore your teams sweater. In the case of most Blues fans though, given the hatred for the Preds it would probably be hard develop a taste for him. If I had ever seen Chris Chelios in a blue note I would've poured bleach in my eyes.

Reactions: Lakas

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
What we have to remember about Dallas is that we were the team who pushed them out of 3rd in the Central which they held for a majority of the season until after our 11 game run. If not for our second half they are a 3rd place caliber team.

Wasn't it Colorado that was in third for the majority of the season? Then when they dropped off is when the Blues moved up so I don't think Dallas was in third for that long.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wasn't it Colorado that was in third for the majority of the season? Then when they dropped off is when the Blues moved up so I don't think Dallas was in third for that long.
That could be correct. I'm really just spitting out info based on Dallas being in 3rd when we got to a point in the standings where I actually started paying attention to the playoff positions...

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I think it’s correct that from a pragmatic standpoint, it would make little difference for the Blues if they were playing Dallas or Nashville, should they advance. My heart just needs Nashville to suffer, though. That may be because I moved to Nashville, to be closer to my family, who are all Nashville fans.

They must suffer.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I hate that breakaway play when you need a goal. When it doesn't work it looks like such a weak attempt.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I’m rooting for a 7 game series between Nashville and Dallas. I don’t really fear one of those teams more than the other, but I expect Dallas to win the series.
beat up each other and get some injuries then pick off whoever survives.

dallas is the bigger threat to STL. their D is underrated and their goaltending and forward core are better than Nashville

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
David Backes will be a healthy scratch tonight for the Bruins according to TSN. First time in his career that has happened in the playoffs.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
PSA: ESPN+ has full replays of all 5 games from last night.

They had 1-2 games a day throughout the regular season, but obviously don't have the rights to air any of the games live. However, I think it is absolutely worth the $5/month if they are able to offer full, next day replays available on demand throughout the playoffs. One of my biggest gripes with NBC is that they don't offer on demand replays for hockey, so you are just SOL if you miss a game.

If you have never had it, now seems like a good time to do the 7 day trial and then plunk down one month at $5 to get 5 weeks of on demand NHL playoff games from around the league.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
David Backes will be a healthy scratch tonight for the Bruins according to TSN. First time in his career that has happened in the playoffs.
that is a lot of money to pay for a healthy scratch

Reactions: mk80

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Looking forward to seeing that atmosphere in the Saddledome tonight. Great hockey fans who understand and respect the game. Glad to see they have an exciting team to be pumped about. They deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->