Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I was flipping back and forth, but I swear I saw Wilson suited up out there for the banner raising. I don’t know if there is any reason he couldn’t be there for that, but I thought he wouldn’t be.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I was flipping back and forth, but I swear I saw Wilson suited up out there for the banner raising. I don’t know if there is any reason he couldn’t be there for that, but I thought he wouldn’t be.

He did dress and was allowed out on the ice for the banner raising.

Side Note: If I hear the phrase "trolley tracks" ever again it will be too soon....

Reactions: converseman54

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Best PP unit in the world looked as bad as ours.

*I'm very much aware its game 1 and not to make too much of it.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Yeah that darn league and their clear agenda to pick on poor little Tommy Wilson. What is everyone's problem with Wilson? Freaking Sundqvist's face launches itself into his shoulder pad and everyone is acting like HE'S the bad guy. Bunch of pansies, Scott Stevens used to scramble players brains and it was ok. Trolley tracks and such you know right? This is a MANS LEAGUE! Go watch figure skating if you don't like senseless and avoidable violence you Ballerina!

Last edited:

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah that darn league and their clear agenda to pick on poor little Tommy Wilson. What is everyone's problem with Wilson? Freaking Sundqvist's face launches itself into his shoulder pad and everyone is acting like HE'S the bad guy. Bunch of pansies, Scott Stevens used to scramble players brains and it was ok. Trolley tracks and such you know right? This is a MANS LEAGUE! Go watch figure skating if you don't like senseless and avoidable violence you Ballerina!

Within hours, these are the very same people that have very strong opinions about Marchand instigating Eller. Call me a cynic, but I wonder if they might have a bit of selective outrage where they morally peacock when one of their guys end up on the wrong side of things, and pivot to your man’s man spiel when the shoe is on the other foot...all in the same day. Amazing stuff.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Remember that time we traded a first line two-way winger for one year of a third liner?

????

I do not remember that. I do recall Blues receiving a 3rd round pick for Oshie. After all that was the best thing that came out of that trade.

Blues used that pick + their 1st to trade up in the ‘16 draft to get Tage Thompson and therefore landing us Ryan O’Reilly and dumping Sobotka and Berglund.

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Dumbo Thornton looked like the game has passed him by. He has to be the slowest player in the league.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It shouldn’t be entirely surprising to see. What’s he going to do openly throw his teammate under the bus? I doubt you’ll see that.
There's nothing wrong with saying it's a fair punishment. I honestly take it as legit support for Wilson and not just lip service

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I hope you're being sarcastic. He had his head up the whole time until he was about to shoot. The problem was, he wasn't looking behind him or to his blind side. This is not at all Sundqvist's fault.
I should have specified lol. Wilson should have kept his head up so he could have seen his suspension coming

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I hope you're being sarcastic. He had his head up the whole time until he was about to shoot. The problem was, he wasn't looking behind him or to his blind side. This is not at all Sundqvist's fault.
He said WILSON should have had his head up.

EDIT - I'm late, you already saw that.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I fell asleep watching the uber super dooper Leafs best offense in a generation game :laugh:
The meltdown would have been epic had the lowly Canadiens gone into Toronto and taken game one. I was pulling for Montreal to finish it quickly in OT, but to no avail. I think many will enjoy the failings of the Leafs this season...even more so than usual.

Dumbo Thornton looked like the game has passed him by. He has to be the slowest player in the league.
The Sharks as a team don't impress me. I keep hearing about how great that defense is...but those two Norris winners leave a LOT to be desired with their play in their own zone. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish a distant 3rd in that division (behind Vegas and Anaheim) and possibly lower with Coyotes and Kings better than last year. Flames still suck in my opinion, but will finish ahead of EDM & VAN.

Reactions: Celtic Note

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Every time I saw that picture of Sunqvist last night I kept thinking about all of the Caps fans claiming that the hit was clean, and that it was as plain as the nose on his shoulder.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The Sharks as a team don't impress me. I keep hearing about how great that defense is...but those two Norris winners leave a LOT to be desired with their play in their own zone. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish a distant 3rd in that division (behind Vegas and Anaheim) and possibly lower with Coyotes and Kings better than last year. Flames still suck in my opinion, but will finish ahead of EDM & VAN.

Vlassic is one of the better (read: the best imo) pure defensive dmen in the league. Braun is also solid from a pure shut-down perspective. Karlsson, while not the best defender, has improved that aspect of his game tremendously through his career. Burns....Burns is still terrible at D. But the other guy can cover his deficiencies. Its a very solid top 4 and in the conversation for best with the Preds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->