OT: Around the NHL - Currently serving Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I can go on a mega rant. What Kassian did was unacceptable and should have been 10+ games. I don't care if a player got under someone's skin or not. It's not acceptable. Someone will die on that ice and our niche sport will go down again.

If what Tkachuk did was a penalty or deemed to be illegal - suspend him, too. We neeeeeeeed to start taking these guys off the ice for a long time. They love the game. Take it away from them and let them pay.
Oh I agree. The NHL deemed what Tkachuk did was legal. Tkachuk has learned quick on where the line is and how the game is being reffed. He’s the perfect new age pest. He’s the guy you love on your team and hate to play against. At the end of the day you gotta stay level headed in the ice. Kassian didn’t and it cost him and his team.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This game was so ****ing sloppy. Boston looks terrible.

One mega line Eastern team, a little older, just went to the finals and lost, started real hot and then imploded... 2008 Ottawa Senators or 2020 Bruins :popcorn:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh I agree. The NHL deemed what Tkachuk did was legal. Tkachuk has learned quick on where the line is and how the game is being reffed. He’s the perfect new age pest. He’s the guy you love on your team and hate to play against. At the end of the day you gotta stay level headed in the ice. Kassian didn’t and it cost him and his team.
No, apparently the league told him to knock it off and that they are trying to take that hit out of the game.

Upshall then also mentions that he did it to Jordan Staal and basically admits, you only ever do that hit while someone is engaged in a battle, to murder someone. Tkachuk did it twice, the fact that Kassian got 2 games is the NHL player safety being a punk ass bitch like usual.

Tkachuk is a pos, guys like him always get what is coming to them eventually. He always does stupid shit like this and people here saying its whatever, wait until he does it to Sid or Geno, then continue to shove your nose up his ass and call it clean.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
No, apparently the league told him to knock it off and that they are trying to take that hit out of the game.

Upshall then also mentions that he did it to Jordan Staal and basically admits, you only ever do that hit while someone is engaged in a battle, to murder someone. Tkachuk did it twice, the fact that Kassian got 2 games is the NHL player safety being a punk ass ***** like usual.

Tkachuk is a pos, guys like him always get what is coming to them eventually. He always does stupid **** like this and people here saying its whatever, wait until he does it to Sid or Geno, then continue to shove your nose up his ass and call it clean.
Engaged like how Tkachuk was engaged with McOverrated when Kassian horse collars him and starts punching him in the head? Goes both ways. Doesn’t matter what happens, you can’t lose your mind like that.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Engaged like how Tkachuk was engaged with McOverrated when Kassian horse collars him and starts punching him in the head? Goes both ways. Doesn’t matter what happens, you can’t lose your mind like that.

Meh. Tkachuk needs to be deterred from dangerous hits. The NHL declined to do so. Fair game if your safety gets put in jeopardy. Kassian deals with the consequences but maybe Tkachuk has second thoughts next time against Kassian.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, what the f*** are you on about? Kassian gets hit by a dirty predatory hit and goes after Tkachuk after he tries to take off and you think he got horse collared? Nah, he was skating away like a punk ass bitch.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
You can say that Tkatchuk's hits should have been called for charging but then again there are many hits each and every night that can technically be called for charging yet this happens like two times a month. As long as the interpretation of the rules allows such hits some players will keep making them. Ovechkin has been charging people his entire career and was suspended only once, IIRC. Cooke, Wilson and Torres didn't change their game until they were hit with long suspensions, believing that the threat of fisticuffs is a real deterrent is like believing in Santa Claus. Tkatchuk apparently went after Kassian again in the third period of the very game in which Kassian pummeled his head pretty good.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

I'll refer to BizNasty.
"No one will understand the rage you feel in a moment like that."
It's different when Geno is immediately retaliating off a ticky tack slash or x-check but gettin' blown up several times with a guy going out of his way/position to do it can put your mind in a place where you can't help yourself.

I'll stick to Tkachuk deserved a punch in the mouth and i don't blame Kassian for losing it on him.
Is what it is.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
And the NHL will have all their promo footage for next year's NHL.tv ads

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey Gingy @Ginger Papa - That Habs fan in the Improved player thing...lol.

How is one going to argue that Drouin, who had 15pts in 19 games last year to start the season, had the same start this year, is most improved player?

In 19 games last year, he started on a 64pt pace, finished with 53.
This year he starts on a 64pt pace in 19 games and gets hurt.

THEN he gets pissy at a few people...meanwhile everyone naming players still playing and dude is going off about that. That guy needs to step away from the internet.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey Gingy @Ginger Papa - That Habs fan in the Improved player thing...lol.

How is one going to argue that Drouin, who had 15pts in 19 games last year to start the season, had the same start this year, is most improved player?

In 19 games last year, he started on a 64pt pace, finished with 53.
This year he starts on a 64pt pace in 19 games and gets hurt.

THEN he gets pissy at a few people...meanwhile everyone naming players still playing and dude is going off about that. That guy needs to step away from the internet.

You tried, others tried, I tried, but....
2jrryf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad