OT: Around the NHL - Conference Finals N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol...Nash playing that piece of trash Hartnell, desperate to try anything to get under Buf’s skin even though he can’t play real hockey anymore.....

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Complete bonehead play by Laine. If you see that you are getting a PP, every guy on the ice should skate immediately to the bench once the whistle blows. Even if they didn't call Laine on the cross check, it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pretty brutal sequence from Chiarot and Myers on the Nash goal

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Winnipeg blew their load the last game. Seems to happen so much in hockey. Score 7+ goals one game, struggle to even score 1 the next game.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They've been playing over their heads since the puck dropped in October. **** was about to level out at some point, but even then, that's one of the most successful expansion franchise debut's in history, nothing to be sad about if they're out in 6. In the second freaking round no less. Hell, the Leafs can't even figure that out and it's been what, 15yrs since the last time they made it out of the 1st round? Lol.

This. First adversity is this round.

Plus, VGK just got a taste of playoff MAF. Flippity, floppity, off angle, letting pucks tumble around in the crease.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site

I just saw this. Two takes:

Holy **** Byfuglien is a beast. A part of me wishes Shero would have went after him back in the day when he was collecting players. Not sure how it would have worked out, but would have made losing more fun.

And watch Subban at the end, about 1:07 into the video. I've never seen anything so pathetic. He's standing over a player on the ice and then crosschecks him, then receives it back from another Jet that observed it, and then Subban flops to the ice like was leg swept. He CRAWLS to the bench and acts hurt. I've never seen anything like this before. How is this guy a hockey player?

I've seriously lost all respect for Subban. Dude is awful.

I really hate Subban. He's a dirty player, and always gets away with it. But, he's not reacting to the crosscheck, Laine gives him a slash to the back of the leg. While I'm sure he's trying to sell it a bit, I'm sure it did hurt.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Everyone tied 2-2 and I expect Boston to hit back hard tomorrow. Good 2nd round.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Honestly though Winnipeg would take that one.

From what I watched of the game, Nashville played a solid defensive game.

I hate seeing Subban score :mad:.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Jets coulda had that one, they were outplaying Nashville pretty handedly until the Preds scored and trapped the entire game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Seeing the inexperience from Winnipeg at times. Bound to happen. As talented(and deep) as they are...playoff experience does matter.

Something Nashville has learned..who are now in year 3 of their current run.

Great 2nd round so far. Still rather see Tampa go up 3-1 tho. Then for Boston to extend the series to 7...lose.

Reactions: Turin

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Seeing the inexperience from Winnipeg at times. Bound to happen. As talented(and deep) as they are...playoff experience does matter.

Something Nashville has learned..who are now in year 3 of their current run.

Great 2nd round so far. Still rather see Tampa go up 3-1 tho. Then for Boston to extend the series to 7...lose.

If we beat the Caps, I'd rather Tampa wins their series. But if the Caps beat us, I'd rather Boston wins their series.

I think we match up better versus Tampa than we do versus Boston, but if the Caps win, I want Boston to give them a taste of their own medicine (physical pounding) that I don't think Tampa can provide.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If we beat the Caps, I'd rather Tampa wins their series. But if the Caps beat us, I'd rather Boston wins their series.

I think we match up better versus Tampa than we do versus Boston, but if the Caps win, I want Boston to give them a taste of their own medicine (physical pounding) that I don't think Tampa can provide.

It would be quite the spectacle to watch Wilson try and elbow Marchand in the head while at the same time Marchand try to low-bridge Wilson.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017

Wrong. Caps would have a better shot at beating Boston than Tampa

I'm okay with us not winning the Cup this year so long as Washington doesnt

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I just saw this. Two takes:

Holy **** Byfuglien is a beast. A part of me wishes Shero would have went after him back in the day when he was collecting players. Not sure how it would have worked out, but would have made losing more fun.

And watch Subban at the end, about 1:07 into the video. I've never seen anything so pathetic. He's standing over a player on the ice and then crosschecks him, then receives it back from another Jet that observed it, and then Subban flops to the ice like was leg swept. He CRAWLS to the bench and acts hurt. I've never seen anything like this before. How is this guy a hockey player?

I've seriously lost all respect for Subban. Dude is awful.

Check out the 0:50 mark. Our buddy Ekholm with the stickwork...we've seen that a ton

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It would be quite the spectacle to watch Wilson try and elbow Marchand in the head while at the same time Marchand try to low-bridge Wilson.

Marchand would attempt to bite Wilson's shoulder at the exact moment Wilson's shoulder connects with Marchand's face. You'd have to use slow-mo replay to see who committed which infraction first in order to suspend them.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
This. First adversity is this round.

Plus, VGK just got a taste of playoff MAF. Flippity, floppity, off angle, letting pucks tumble around in the crease.

Seriously? "playoff fleury" last year is the reason we won a cup. He literally stole the series against the caps, and maybe the jackets as well.
Just for an example. We won game 1 against the caps last year. They had a Corsi of 66% wrap your head around how massive of an advantage that is 35 shots against, 21 for and we won the game mainly because Fleury was seeing beach balls. Oh and game 2? They out shot us 36-22, same lopsided Corsi. Not to mention a game 7 shutout in washington where they had the advantage in Corsi once again.

Fleury right now is the best goalie in the playoffs. Certainly all goalies will peak and dip as the games continue so who knows if he stays at the top. I'm focused on my team, if Murray can continue like he did last game we have a legit shot to reach the final.

We have moved on from Fleury, right call at the time. Sure 6 years ago he did us no favors, but let's live in the now....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Marchand would attempt to bite Wilson's shoulder at the exact moment Wilson's shoulder connects with Marchand's face. You'd have to use slow-mo replay to see who committed which infraction first in order to suspend them.

First marchand would try licking him and then when the nhl comes down on him for that, he’d love pat his nuts...I’d love to see it but I don’t want the Caps anywhere near the ECF....

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Check out the 0:50 mark. Our buddy Ekholm with the stickwork...we've seen that a ton

A Preds mod got butthurt that I dared suggest Ekholm was low key dirty. If Matt Cullen looks like he wants to kill you every shift you’re probably a dink.

Edit: butt-h*rt is seriously censored?

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013

Won't lie. This blew my mind. I know he is a voice actor (his voice is the voice of the Joker for me) but I didn't know he was the one doing ad readings for NBC.

Reactions: BHD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Kind of hoping for a Boston victory here. I don't want Tampa sitting around resting for a week no matter who plays who next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->