Around The NHL #7 - Let's Make A Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
that is one of the most poorly written nhl articles ive read.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dumb.... but I can see their position.

Unless you want to put all of the OHL into an NHL-esque bubble you can’t guarantee to have control of any potential viral outbreaks.

Any fans here in Arizona can simply look at what’s happened with high school sports programs this fall and see the nightmare it is.
It's a nightmare because of the people in charge. We can't stop the flu virus, but now we think we can stop the COVID virus by having social distancing etc. Dumb dumb dumb.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
that is one of the most poorly written nhl articles ive read.
The Sabres are trying regardless to acquire the sniper, according to a rival league executive. Their latest offer included defensive prospect Oskari Laaksonen and a 2nd-round pick.
The Coyotes are searching for as many draft picks as possible in any trade, but for Kessel, their doing their best to land a first rounder, as the sniper still holds trade value on the open market.

^
As much as I wish that were true, nobody who writes that poorly is credible. Also “a rival league executive” cited the specific return? Makes no sense. This is fan-fic

rt

May 13, 2004
Would love to add Laaksonen. Seemed to take a step back last season with a huge dip in ice time and production but he’s off to a blazing start this season.

rt

May 13, 2004
Wonder if there’s anything we could build around Kessel, Oesterle and Raanta with 50% retention for Montour, Hutton, and picks/prospects.

Have to think Raanta with that kind of retention and then the negative trade value Hutton must have, certainly cancels out the value gap between Oesterle and Montour, right? At the very least. Especially given it frees up a couple of million in cap space.

Now if Buffalo immediately wants to reinvest that in Kessel and if Kessel is willing to waive, it makes some sense for us, because then suddenly we’re the ones freeing up a bunch of cap space.

Laaksonen would be more than enough for me in that scenario.

I’d be quite happy with a deal like:

To BUF
Kessel
Raanta (50%)
Oesterle

To ARI
Montour
Hutton
Laaksonen

Use the new found cap space on Kahun.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think you really mean to say the lack of self discipline among a large section of the population is responsible for the nightmare.

I blame the virus. It has no soul...just heartless...bad virus, bad.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think you really mean to say the lack of self discipline among a large section of the population is responsible for the nightmare.
No, I blame social media for much of these problems. The public in general is addicted to fear, even though much of what they hear is fake information.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I just wished all the spam texts on my phone would. :laugh:

Yeah, I feel ya; I'm still trying to figure out if someone pranked me or merely transposed digits, I kept getting texts from right wing candidates addressed to someone named 'Judy', and now the phishing attempts on this Judy ("Judy, get your free iPhone 12! Click this link!") are coming in...<groan>

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, I feel ya; I'm still trying to figure out if someone pranked me or merely transposed digits, I kept getting texts from right wing candidates addressed to someone named 'Judy', and now the phishing attempts on this Judy ("Judy, get your free iPhone 12! Click this link!") are coming in...<groan>
Mine are all for MaryAnne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->