Around The NHL #7 - Let's Make A Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I've always liked Doc, but he was not good during the playoffs.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hockey play by play has to be one of the hardest sports broadcasting jobs to master.

Reactions: Jakey53

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
I've always liked Doc, but he was not good during the playoffs.
He lost it a couple of years ago, he was really bad this * Stanley Cup. I watched most games on CBC because of the audio delay on some NBC games. Reminds me of Bob Cole who hung around way past his prime.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Doc was always the GOAT to me. I think the past year or 2 you could see him slipping, especially this year when he had challenges keeping up with the play, but that doesn't take away from his HOF career.

Thank you Doc!

One of the funniest things I've heard hockey-related was someone set a bunch of his calls to Daft Punk's 'Technologic'.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting, and a good thing in my opinion, for the GM to let everyone know what the heck is going on. Wonder if Toews or Kane try and bail. Very rich contracts would limit the pool of potential suitors.

upload_2020-10-22_9-29-11.png

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Interesting, and a good thing in my opinion, for the GM to let everyone know what the heck is going on. Wonder if Toews or Kane try and bail. Very rich contracts would limit the pool of potential suitors.

View attachment 373892

Kane is due only 20.8mil over the final three years of his deal. Chicago could retain 25% which reduces the cap from 10.5 to 7.875aav and would only have to pay out $5.2 total in actual cash to make it happen.
Toews has the same structure. I'm not sure he'd have a huge market even at 7.875aav, though. Kane would. I'm sure they could get a heap of assets for him with 25% retained. If they went to 50% on Toews, they'd like get a haul.

It would mean their salary cap is 7.875‬ lower than the rest of the league for the entire three years of flat-cap. Not ideal.

But if they get Erik Karlsson and Mark Stone style returns like Ottawa did, it would probably be worth it. At those reduced rates, I could see that happening, too.

Reactions: CLW and MIGs Dog

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Its crazy to me that Vatanen (and to a lesser extent Hamonic) are still just sorta sitting there...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
OHL and AHL are announcing early February start dates. Guessing the NHL will be doing the same.

NHL can still start well ahead of that. Most AHL teams don’t get their rosters solidified until after the first regular season game anyway. And a lot of the prospects who might not even make the NHL roster are already off overseas on loan.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Yeah, this is nanny state stuff gone wrong. If they aren't going to have strict protocols for travel, the locker rooms, frequent testing etc... then there's no point to banning contact. This is also the demographic least likely to suffer serious damage if contracted as well. They would be better off loaning all players out with a canceled season and giving everyone else an extra year of eligibility or allowing them to go straight to Uni if they choose to do so.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Dumb.... but I can see their position.

Unless you want to put all of the OHL into an NHL-esque bubble you can’t guarantee to have control of any potential viral outbreaks.

Any fans here in Arizona can simply look at what’s happened with high school sports programs this fall and see the nightmare it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad