Around The NHL #7 - Let's Make A Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Crosby to Colorado would be good in the long run. Puts them over the top for a year or two but they probably pay a ton of assets and wouldn't be able to re-sign both Saad and Landeskog. A trade like that is how you quickly go from the driver seat to cap hell terrority and have to make bad moves for years to stay out of it.
Precisely why Sakic won't do it.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
75 pts in 57 games one season and the next only 3 in 14. What is wrong with Mika Zibanejad? Speculation is that he is suffering from lingering COVID-19 effects.

Remember when Doan had lyme disease dragging him down?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
So interesting that Hall is considering an extension in Buffalo. I don’t think he was considering it, but now may know that Buffalo may be his best bet for a big pay day. Buffalo wants to keep Eichel happy so they will probably pay more than other teams will considering Hall’s slow start.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So interesting that Hall is considering an extension in Buffalo. I don’t think he was considering it, but now may know that Buffalo may be his best bet for a big pay day. Buffalo wants to keep Eichel happy so they will probably pay more than other teams will considering Hall’s slow start.
Buffalo should stop letting Eichel be GM, it isn't working.

Reactions: SR and Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can't believe the Sabres are paying Jeff Skinner 9 million and he has 1 point in 12 games. Zero goals! Only signed for another 6 years too.
It was bad the day they signed it, but I mostly can't believe they aren't playing him with Eichel where they had success. Instead you're going to leave him on the fourth line instead of at least rehabbing him (and/or his value) and are playing Tage Thompson on the first line. Nothing against Thompson, who I still think is a work in progress.

Reactions: Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's terrible. But worse is stapling a 28 year old with that contract to the fourth line when he scored 40 goals with Eichel two seasons ago and had 20 goal pace in a weird season last year.

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
It's terrible. But worse is stapling a 28 year old with that contract to the fourth line when he scored 40 goals with Eichel two seasons ago and had 20 goal pace in a weird season last year.
I don't see how or why they lock up Hall long term, what the hell will the rest of their roster look like

Reactions: Jakey53

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
33% of their salaries/cap is tied up in 3 players, two who are underperforming.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd be pretty happy if Hall decided to come back to AZ on a reasonable deal.

So it would seem fair for a Sabres fan to think the same about Hall staying in Buffalo. Whether he's slumping, adjusting to a new team or even declining with age, he's still a damn good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad