Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I really wish Barroway would have had the cash for that Domi/ROR swap. Couldn't afford the bonus though.
Domi was also coming off a 7 goal season. We would have had to have added another significant asset or two.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Still a better return than what the Sabres ultimately got.

Patrik Berglund
Vladimir Sobokta
Tage Thompson
2019 1st (Ryan Johnson)
2021 2nd

Pretty awful. Doesn't help that Thompson is stagnating.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Still a better return than what the Sabres ultimately got.

Patrik Berglund
Vladimir Sobokta
Tage Thompson
2019 1st (Ryan Johnson)
2021 2nd

Pretty awful. Doesn't help that Thompson is stagnating.
We would have likely had to include at least a first rounder with Domi to get a deal done.

problem with the 2018 draft is that pick was 5th overall and we wouldn’t be game. That means we would have likely had to do something like a 2018 2nd (which is weak as we had the 55th pick), likely another mid round pick to convince the Sabres to let us use a 2019 first rounder instead.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can't seem to find it now but there was a tweet stating that since the Pegulas took over the Sabres are last in every single category league wide. Wins, points, GF, GA, etc.

Key difference between Buffalo and Arizona is they have won a lottery (Dahlin), basically won another lottery (Eichel), and another 2nd overall (Reinhart) on top of that. And they have had wealthy ownership the whole time. Arizona's best is a 3rd overall pick and solid ownership for a few months.

For all the shit Edmonton gets, Buffalo may be worse now. New Jersey is right there too.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Hey guys, Oilers fan here.

I'm participating in a GM game, and I'm curious if OEL can play the right side at all.

Can he?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Who does Edmonton have that’s a better option on the left side?

It's a fantasy draft style GM game, and OEL's the only guy I currently have on defense. I like the LHD options for my next pick more than my RHD options, so I was wondering if OEL could play the right side to make that a possibility.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's a fantasy draft style GM game, and OEL's the only guy I currently have on defense. I like the LHD options for my next pick more than my RHD options, so I was wondering if OEL could play the right side to make that a possibility.
I don’t believe he’s played RD. We brought in Hjarlmarsson to play RD with him and traded for Demers as well who is OEL’s main partner. We have also used Goligoski as a RD as well when Hjarlmarsson went down and as Chychrun developed into a top pairing D.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Can't seem to find it now but there was a tweet stating that since the Pegulas took over the Sabres are last in every single category league wide. Wins, points, GF, GA, etc.

Key difference between Buffalo and Arizona is they have won a lottery (Dahlin), basically won another lottery (Eichel), and another 2nd overall (Reinhart) on top of that. And they have had wealthy ownership the whole time. Arizona's best is a 3rd overall pick and solid ownership for a few months.

For all the shit Edmonton gets, Buffalo may be worse now. New Jersey is right there too.
The Pegulas need to let the people they hire do their job. If I remember correctly they had a bug role in the Skinner contract.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
A lot of Sabres fans want Botterill gone and then for the team to hire a President of Hockey Ops who then hires the next GM. They had that person previously in Pat Lafontaine but he stepped down following some frustrations.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A lot of Sabres fans want Botterill gone and then for the team to hire a President of Hockey Ops who then hires the next GM. They had that person previously in Pat Lafontaine but he stepped down following some frustrations.
That is starting to sound familiar around this neck of the woods.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
The Buffalo roster is a joke, Eichel is very good, Reinhart along with Ristolainen are ok and Dahlin is improving rapidly and is legit. Skinner is soft and overpaid. The rest of the roster is barely above AHL quality. When Vessey and Johansson are in your top 6 forwards your GM needs to be canned.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I really wish they'd just scrap the season. By the time this is done, it will be time to start the new season. Then they'll either push the start of that back or we'll have to hear another built in excuse of how the players are tired to explain our lack of scoring for another year.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Youtube suggested I watch this, so who am I to argue. Happy to see no Coyotes being dumb, and Boedker finishes...truly remarkable. :D

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The finances in baseball suck. There's too much haves and have nots. When a superstar comes to FA, you know there are only a few teams that can afford him. I know the NHL is a winter sport but I'd love to see them move to a summer schedule and compete against baseball for viewership instead of football. I'd imagine the tv revenue would have a good chance of going up quite a bit. Plus we'd have an advantage here. The players would prefer to be inside training on the ice than dealing with the heat. They could play golf and mess around in the winter when the weather's nice. Kind of the same scenario the cold locations have now.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The finances in baseball suck. There's too much haves and have nots. When a superstar comes to FA, you know there are only a few teams that can afford him. I know the NHL is a winter sport but I'd love to see them move to a summer schedule and compete against baseball for viewership instead of football. I'd imagine the tv revenue would have a good chance of going up quite a bit. Plus we'd have an advantage here. The players would prefer to be inside training on the ice than dealing with the heat. They could play golf and mess around in the winter when the weather's nice. Kind of the same scenario the cold locations have now.

Yotes only compete against the Cards for a couple of months...their season usually ends in December. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad