Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, Eichel is pissed. I say one more season of the team finishing widely out of the playoff race before he asks out.
Why do you start this crap? Eichel is not going anywhere. Management will get rid of coach and GM before any trading Eichel. He's young, a super star, their Captain etc. etc. Stop this foolishness.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Why do you start this crap? Eichel is not going anywhere. Management will get rid of coach and GM before any trading Eichel. He's young, a super star, their Captain etc. etc. Stop this foolishness.

Not if he asks for a trade. It's not unprecedented. It's not even foreign to the Sabres as ROR did the same thing two years ago.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not if he asks for a trade. It's not unprecedented. It's not even foreign to the Sabres as ROR did the same thing two years ago.
He won't be asking for a trade. The Sabres are a young team, and have a couple of good players about to jump to the NHL. I believe the Sabres have much better overall talent than the Yotes. The Sabres PK is what did them in last year. I think they are a team to look out for.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t think they have any hope in that division. Their only route to playoffs is wildcard as Tampa, Boston, Toronto will be better for the coming years. Florida is right there too.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t think they have any hope in that division. Their only route to playoffs is wildcard as Tampa, Boston, Toronto will be better for the coming years. Florida is right there too.
Boston is approaching a cliff imo, the Leafs are gonna get weaker upfront if they want to compete, and Florida isn't that impressive. Buffalo is not that far away but it's time for Eichel to be part of the solution rather than a problem, just play and leave the rest to others.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Boston is approaching a cliff imo, the Leafs are gonna get weaker upfront if they want to compete, and Florida isn't that impressive. Buffalo is not that far away but it's time for Eichel to be part of the solution rather than a problem, just play and leave the rest to others.
How is Eichel a problem?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tries his hand at managing with coach, linemates, etc. Lots has been written and said about it. But he likes present coach so Ralph should be safe.
Can you blame him? What’s the alternative? Trust the idiots running that organization? The Sabres are a laughing stock.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As for acquiring him? I don’t see how we could. They’d want so much, and we’d have to make the cap work. Two of Keller, Schmaltz or Dvorak would have to be included I would think. Then another top asset that’s much cheaper. Like maybe Jenik?

Keller+Dvorak+Jenik+2020 conditional pick (whichever of the 2nd or 3rs next year NJ doesn’t get)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Can you blame him? What’s the alternative? Trust the idiots running that organization? The Sabres are a laughing stock.
I can't think of any team that got better with a player coach/gm so yes I can blame him. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tries his hand at managing with coach, linemates, etc. Lots has been written and said about it. But he likes present coach so Ralph should be safe.
I would love to have that so called problem, with a player of his talent voicing his concerns. I have read that is want's to win and is sick of losing. That is the kind of voice we need in our locker room. We had that voice, but Chayka and company decided it wasn't necessary.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I can't think of any team that got better with a player coach/gm so yes I can blame him. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Nothing wrong with a Captain stepping up and voicing his concerns. I don't think he was pointing fingers at management as he knows they are a young team, put maybe telling his team mates that as a group they have to play better. I don't follow the Sabres, but all I know he is not coming here, Buffalo will not trade him.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would love to have that so called problem, with a player of his talent voicing his concerns. I have read that is want's to win and is sick of losing. That is the kind of voice we need in our locker room. We had that voice, but Chayka and company decided it wasn't necessary.
Yes, he's the 1st guy to want to win?? 3 coaches so far in young career. I'm not saying he alone is the reason Buffalo sucks but its time for him to let others do their job and for him to just do his. He is a major reason ROR is in St Louis.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes, he's the 1st guy to want to win?? 3 coaches so far in young career. I'm not saying he alone is the reason Buffalo sucks but its time for him to let others do their job and for him to just do his. He is a major reason ROR is in St Louis.
This is the first time I heard ROR wanted out because of Eichel. I thought it was because of not winning? ROR is not a model citizen in his own right, but is a great player and I would welcome him here any day of he week.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This is the first time I heard ROR wanted out because of Eichel. I thought it was because of not winning? ROR is not a model citizen in his own right, but is a great player and I would welcome him here any day of he week.
Eichel would not sign long term until Bylsma was fired. Part of the issue was that Eichel wanted to always be the number 1 center. Let the Coach do the coaching. No, ROR is no angel.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Eichel would not sign long term until Bylsma was fired. Part of the issue was that Eichel wanted to always be the number 1 center. Let the Coach do the coaching. No, ROR is no angel.
Man, if only Eichel was here we wouldn't have to worry about RT as our coach next year.;)

Reactions: Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad