Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Just cancel the season and start fresh. The NHL and the players pretend they care about the fans but there have been enough strikes/lockouts to prove they are full of sh%t. The play will be bad with awful ice conditions. Empty seats during games will not be a problems for the players just the owners.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm enjoying watching Bundesliga and NASCAR, even with no fans. I can't imagine how much I'd enjoy the NHL under similar conditions, no matter how slushy the ice is. Anything other than things that already happened, or "...in these challenging times...."

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am not excited to see Kessel or Stepan after a two month layoff. Kuemper could carry things in any short format but I expect them to get dumpstered if they even play at all.

Reactions: moosemeister

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

The thing I wonder about 1-4 playing for seeding is this...why? If they use hub cities it's not like there is home ice advantage. So what do they gain by being higher seed? It's also not like lowest seed plays highest either.

Idk... One of those things i don't really care about but I find the thought process interesting. If the Yotes win a play in I'll take whoever is there because it's all gravy at that point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The thing I wonder about 1-4 playing for seeding is this...why? If they use hub cities it's not like there is home ice advantage. So what do they gain by being higher seed? It's also not like lowest seed plays highest either.

Idk... One of those things i don't really care about but I find the thought process interesting. If the Yotes win a play in I'll take whoever is there because it's all gravy at that point.

Its so they can play games instead of sitting on their asses waiting for the play in series to be completed.

Reactions: MIG

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am not excited to see Kessel or Stepan after a two month layoff. Kuemper could carry things in any short format but I expect them to get dumpstered if they even play at all.
Kessel and Stepan didn't excite us after two months of training camp and exhibition games, so I'm not expecting anything from them now. Can't wait to see them on the first line next year as well.:sarcasm:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Its so they can play games instead of sitting on their asses waiting for the play in series to be completed.

Which I totally get ... BUT they also have to worry about injury. Even if the chance isn't that high it's still a factor. Tough position to be in.

I guess I just think the higher seeds get shafted a bit in the whole thing. But hey I'm still thinking it will be fun regardless and open up even more upset possibilities.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Well, Eichel is pissed. I say one more season of the team finishing widely out of the playoff race before he asks out.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If I was the Sabres I wouldn't trust Jason Botterill to move Eichel for an appropriate return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad