Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
There are two teams that play hard and have each other's backs. Thanks for sharing that. Somebody forward that to Chayka and Tocc. Maybe Tocc will remember what it takes to be a playoff team.
I am not a fan of fighting but I do think it would help the Coyotes as a team if they got into a line brawl. The announcers made a comment about not backing down, other teams see that and will feast on you. The team needs to suck it up. OEL and Kessel should drop the gloves with somebody. They need an F this sh___ attitude to spark the team and confidence.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That game was more physical than the entire Coyote season. I'm not necessarily a fan of fighting, but what those teams display is passion, energy, grit and intensity. It felt like a game 7.
They know what is at stake. This is what it takes to win in this league, especially in the playoffs and fighting for the playoffs.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Me either:) but hey do something, anything, Bueler!

Well, OEL would likely either collapse like a sack of wet barley or his bones would explode like matchsticks. Kessel would definitely be able to absorb more punches (all that padding, y'know) but if he got hurt, Tocchet would still give him a ton of ice time.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Not year-round, in that they'll have a nearly 4-month break, albeit earlier in the year. Assuming some sort of normalcy resumes by early July, I wouldn't mind something like a 65-game schedule that ends at the usual date in 2021.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If they try to squeeze 82 games into 100 days, I’m going to choke a bitch. Just shorten the effing season!!!
I agree, but the owners want $$$ so that probably won't happen. I would bet injuries will also see a spike playing that many games in such a short period.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I absolutely hated when they crammed the lockout shortened season into a tiny window. I would have preferred to just cancel the damn thing honestly. I feel the same way about the 19/20 season. Cancel it. Let’s just start again with a normal schedule. Do the draft lottery with typical weights and base the standings on P%.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I absolutely hated when they crammed the lockout shortened season into a tiny window. I would have preferred to just cancel the damn thing honestly. I feel the same way about the 19/20 season. Cancel it. Let’s just start again with a normal schedule. Do the draft lottery with typical weights and base the standings on P%.
I'm sure hockey in July in Glendale will be really easy to pull off and fun to attend. I remember the 12 run being nasty going to and from rink.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Even though the Yotes were breaking the fan's hearts with their on ice play before this break (well.. depends on which fans haha), I really do already miss hockey.

It's times like these where the escapism and fun (or angst) a sport offers would be much needed.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Friedman: - Hawks have made Dylan Strome available for trade
lol

This trade is determined to make nobody right about it.

This can't be true because all Dylan needed was a GM and coach who treated him right to thrive and moreover he has a home now in Chicago and really that was the key to his breakout he's gonna be a star my god we lost that trade so badly Chayka should concentrate on his Wendy's franchises because people aren't hamburgers fire everyone trade everyone

Reactions: Kaizen and MIG

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This can't be true because all Dylan needed was a GM and coach who treated him right to thrive and moreover he has a home now in Chicago and really that was the key to his breakout he's gonna be a star my god we lost that trade so badly Chayka should concentrate on his Wendy's franchises because people aren't hamburgers fire everyone trade everyone
While I like your post I wouldn't mind being rid of our guy and his contract either!!!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
While I like your post I wouldn't mind being rid of our guy and his contract either!!!

He's no superstar, but you want to get rid our points leader? I'd have to see the other options before agreeing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz has many warts, but I would be more worried about the contracts of a couple of vets at the moment.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Schmaltz has many warts, but I would be more worried about the contracts of a couple of vets at the moment.
I see not much core worth building around, I would be ok weeding them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad