Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That would be ideal. I feel like the time to get Bennett for a D was the TDL, with CGY having so many D hurt. Not sure what they'd want in the summer. My thought was Goligoski or Demers at the TDL. Doubt they'd want them in the summer as their guys get healthy again.

It would be tough to part with that 2nd rounder given that we don't have a 1st or a 3rd in this draft. It would be tough to part with Capobianco, given that we've lost POJ and Bahl in the last 12 months. I don't want to give up Prosvetov, Maccelli, or Jenik in a deal for bottom six wingers.

I don't know what we could add to the likes of Fischer and Hinostroza that would actually be appealing?

If Chayka can't convince Hall to stay, we are kinda f***ed. We've blown all of the assets that are good enough to be desired by other teams, but not so good that we can't give them up. We're tapped out on actual trade assets.

If I could push a button and just void the contracts of Stepan and Kessel this summer, I would. They don't have trade value. Well, maybe negative trade value. I do think we could move Goligoski and Demers for picks. Maybe 2nd and 3rd rounders respectively. But that would have been TDL value, when players are at their peak value and picks at their lowest. At the draft, it's likely a 3rd for Goligoski and a 4th for Demers. Might as well just keep them. The only reason to move them would be for a culture change. Not to improve the team. Just to change the look.
The Flames will need badly this summer, they have only 3 coming back right now.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If Flames got knocked out round one to a speedy team where toughness doesn't factor in as a positive for then I could see something around Bennett for Hino. They may want to change the look of the team just like we do. There will be major decisions made by teams due to the outcome of their playoff performances. A team that doesn't get much production from their defense or have a blue line that is slower and more bruising may value a guy like Goligoski or Demers this offseason.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So much Cap.

Ha! Good point. Maybe Columbus would want to take a shot on Kessel? Maybe Kessel would waive to be in the Midwest and on a team that is competitive and still up and coming. Kessel for Anderson? A guy can dream right?

Also @rt as far as assets I'm willing to move that may have some value, Raanta could be really appealing to a team that gets bad goaltending during the playoffs. Goalies tend to have the most value around the draft as it allows the GM to build from the net out during UFA. His play has been pretty great after that slump he was having in January.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Multiple point efforts like Keller put up tonight are happening nearly every game for Leon Draisaitl...

102 points on the year

I just can’t wrap my head around it. Imagine this being the norm? Unfathomable.
No...imagine that being the norm AND McDavid is on the team as well. I don't understand how they're scoring so much though, I was told that's not possible under Tippet. :sarcasm:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If Flames got knocked out round one to a speedy team where toughness doesn't factor in as a positive for then I could see something around Bennett for Hino. They may want to change the look of the team just like we do.
I'd think we would be heavily outbid around the league if our bid for a big, gritty center was Hino+.

Schmaltz and Hino for Anderson and Harrington

OEL for Johansson

Bennett is harder to figure out. We are low on trade pieces because we didn't reload at the deadline.

Keller- Johansson- Anderson
Bennett-Dvo-Garland
Crouse- Hayton- Kessel
Grabner-Stepan- Fish
Jenik might be in the mix, too.

Chych- Hammer
Goligoski- Demers
Harrington - Oesterle/Bush

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Oilers are further out of reach, so probably them.

Oilers .585 pt%
Preds .563
Yotes .537
Preds to win. Oilers could still drop out of the top 3 in division. Preds are going to lap us and keep us out of the wildcard. We are in a battle for top 3 in division. I don't think we can wildcard anymore. Minnesota and Nash are probably going to lock those up in front of us. We need to boot the Pacific teams.

Reactions: zz

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Preds to win. Oilers could still drop out of the top 3 in division. Preds are going to lap us and keep us out of the wildcard. We are in a battle for top 3 in division. I don't think we can wildcard anymore. Minnesota and Nash are probably going to lock those up in front of us. We need to boot the Pacific teams.

I kinda agree with this, but I'm still expecting a Minnesota collapse. However, can't see Nashville not locking up one of the wildcard spots so may as well have the team that could take a division and WC spot from us lose.

Reactions: moosemeister

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

At current pace the 2 wildcard teams will be Nashville with 93 pts and Vancouver with 92.

Oilers on pace for 95. We can hope they crash, but we have a better chance securing a WC spot.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Edmonton opens up a Canadian oilcan of whoop ass.

Rinne used to be my favorite NHL goalie, but he's sucking bad tonight

Leon pots 4...still 10 minutes to go

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is interesting......

I'm good with that. Like football...just need to break the plane. I'd be OK eliminating off-side revues. The linesman usually gets it right, and when wrong we're talking millimeters. In other words...missed offsides usually do not result in giving one team a competitive advantage.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->