Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Letunov got his first goal the other night. Can't wait to see him turn into a solid 2-3 C... Who'd we get with those pics?
Sent the fourth with Gagner to Philly for Grossman and Pronger...
Drafted Entwhistle with the third before trading him for Vinny, Oesterle, Hossa, and another third.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think that first one is right. Maloney did the Grossman deal. Letunov was traded by Chayka after that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Maloney deal had a condition on the pick, allowing us to basically give up any fourth rounder.
We had to come up with another fourth rounder because we dealt our own in the Yandle trade at the deadline...
So it should have been worded differently. We sent it to fulfill the Grossman trade.

Reactions: Mosby

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Buffalo loses to Vegas tonight. Will come into GRA looking to bounce back. Our loss will be blamed on too much time off and being rusty.

It's great isn't it? The Coyotes can only play under a very specific set of circumstances... Otherwise it's not their fault. Can't have too long of breaks, can't play too many games.

The Goldilocks of the NHL. Everything has to be juuuuust right.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Smoked Columbus after playing the night before. They don't seem to be out of juice, funny how that works.
And they fired their coach a few days ago. Shameful. I have it from reliable F40 sources, they owed their HC the chance to finish out the season, succeed or fail.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Multiple point efforts like Keller put up tonight are happening nearly every game for Leon Draisaitl...

102 points on the year

I just can’t wrap my head around it. Imagine this being the norm? Unfathomable.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Buffalo loses to Vegas tonight. Will come into GRA looking to bounce back. Our loss will be blamed on too much time off and being rusty.

It's great isn't it? The Coyotes can only play under a very specific set of circumstances... Otherwise it's not their fault. Can't have too long of breaks, can't play too many games.

The Goldilocks of the NHL. Everything has to be juuuuust right.
:sarcasm:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Josh Anderson is really up for trade, I sincerely hope we got on that boat. He is, without a doubt, exactly the kind of player we need in this team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Josh Anderson is really up for trade, I sincerely hope we got on that boat. He is, without a doubt, exactly the kind of player we need in this team.
If Sam Bennett’s acquisition cost is significantly less, I’d probably opt for him instead. Anderson averages 20g15a35p while Bennett averages 15g15a30p and Anderson will get you 2.25hits/GP while Bennett “only” 1.65/GP - Bennett’s a busker fighter and both are pretty effective at it by today’s standards. Bennett’s a couple years younger. And is cheap for one more year.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Sam Bennett’s acquisition cost is significantly less, I’d probably opt for him instead. Anderson averages 20g15a35p while Bennett averages 15g15a30p and Anderson will get you 2.25hits/GP while Bennett “only” 1.65/GP - Bennett’s a busker fighter and both are pretty effective at it by today’s standards. Bennett’s a couple years younger. And is cheap for one more year.

The difference is the Anderson has 60p potential. Bennet probably doesn't.

rt

May 13, 2004
The difference is the Anderson has 60p potential. Bennet probably doesn't.
I don't buy 60pt potential from Anderson. Not at all. He will be 26 years old when next season starts. His career ppg% is 0.431 which is 35pt pace over 82gp. MAYBE 50pt potential.

Bennett, on the other hand, is two full years younger. His career ppg% is only 0.360 which is 30pt pace over 82gp. Given his pre-NHL production (Bennett had TWICE Anderson's OHL production - 1.21ppg vs 0.64ppg) and relatively young age, he might have just a tad more room to grow at the NHL level than Anderson does at this point. Can we say MAYBE 45 point potential?

Anderson is bigger, stronger, plays a heavier game. He'll likely give you 5-10pts more per season. Buuut, if you can get Bennett for 1/2 the acquisition cost and 2/3 the cap-hit, I'd rather have him. He's a mean bastard in his own right, hits to hurt and beats the shit out of guys, despite being 20+ pounds lighter.

Again, not saying Bennett is a better player, just that there's a good chance he'd be better VALUE.

rt

May 13, 2004
Both. Get both.
That would be ideal. I feel like the time to get Bennett for a D was the TDL, with CGY having so many D hurt. Not sure what they'd want in the summer. My thought was Goligoski or Demers at the TDL. Doubt they'd want them in the summer as their guys get healthy again.

It would be tough to part with that 2nd rounder given that we don't have a 1st or a 3rd in this draft. It would be tough to part with Capobianco, given that we've lost POJ and Bahl in the last 12 months. I don't want to give up Prosvetov, Maccelli, or Jenik in a deal for bottom six wingers.

I don't know what we could add to the likes of Fischer and Hinostroza that would actually be appealing?

If Chayka can't convince Hall to stay, we are kinda f***ed. We've blown all of the assets that are good enough to be desired by other teams, but not so good that we can't give them up. We're tapped out on actual trade assets.

If I could push a button and just void the contracts of Stepan and Kessel this summer, I would. They don't have trade value. Well, maybe negative trade value. I do think we could move Goligoski and Demers for picks. Maybe 2nd and 3rd rounders respectively. But that would have been TDL value, when players are at their peak value and picks at their lowest. At the draft, it's likely a 3rd for Goligoski and a 4th for Demers. Might as well just keep them. The only reason to move them would be for a culture change. Not to improve the team. Just to change the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad