Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Need inpuuuuuuuuuut.....

johnny2.JPG

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Seeing Gretzky and Tocc behind the bench at the ASG is giving me Vietnam flashbacks

Reactions: Yandover

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
rt said:
Domi- Strome - Duclair

Grimes said:
Don't do this to me

Hall: 13-27-40, 43 games
DeAngelo: 12-25-37, 48 games
Schmaltz: 7-28-35, 51 games
Domi: 12-22- 34, 50 games
Duke: 21-12-33, 47 games

Keller: 12-21-33, 51 games
Kessel: 11-20-31, 51 games
Strome: 10-20-30, 40 games
Dvo: 13-17-30, 51 games
Garland: 16-12-28, 50 games

Hall- Dvo- Garland
Duke- Domi- Keller

Plus all the picks and POJ, etc ... And no Raanta, Kessel, Stepan and Kessel money this summer clogging our efforts to resign Hall, Duke,Tony D and Strome...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think Chayka has come out roughly even in the Strome trade, so far. He got dunked on in several other important trades. He somehow managed to lose the Domi trade twice.

It's not like this team has a killer work ethic or anything intangible was picked up in the process. You could even say the outgoing guys had a lot more fire as a group than their replacements. Getting older and more expensive works sometimes (Hjalmarsson) but it's not something that should be done often.

Galchenyuk P/60 - 1.43
Kessel P/60 - 1.07

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hall: 13-27-40, 43 games
DeAngelo: 12-25-37, 48 games
Schmaltz: 7-28-35, 51 games
Domi: 12-22- 34, 50 games
Duke: 21-12-33, 47 games

Keller: 12-21-33, 51 games
Kessel: 11-20-31, 51 games
Strome: 10-20-30, 40 games
Dvo: 13-17-30, 51 games
Garland: 16-12-28, 50 games

Hall- Dvo- Garland
Duke- Domi- Keller

Plus all the picks and POJ, etc ... And no Raanta, Kessel, Stepan and Kessel money this summer clogging our efforts to resign Hall, Duke,Tony D and Strome...

It's like investing in stocks. Even the great investors can look back and say "if only I had bought X when it was trading for Y"

Don't torture yourself.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Don't torture yourself, indeed.
That was an underlying part of my last post in "#4"
I think the three players mentioned can be lumped together, with the uniform thread being this organization has been all but a complete mess for so long that it was easy for players to risk abandoning it and the inclination for the organization was to move on, if perceived structure was threatened.
Obviously the hope is that with actual ownership (a Coyote first), the scenario changes and the ugliness of the past fades to black. While it's only fair to question current and future decisions, it's not (imo) productive, fair, or warranted to question the past, at this point, as so much has changed.
Hope this gets my point across, I really hate to ramble on.

Edit: "God it's such a drag, when you're living in the past". Tom Petty

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Chayka has come out roughly even in the Strome trade, so far. He got dunked on in several other important trades. He somehow managed to lose the Domi trade twice.

It's not like this team has a killer work ethic or anything intangible was picked up in the process. You could even say the outgoing guys had a lot more fire as a group than their replacements. Getting older and more expensive works sometimes (Hjalmarsson) but it's not something that should be done often.

Galchenyuk P/60 - 1.43
Kessel P/60 - 1.07
GM's can't win every trade. All NHL GM's are good at what they do. Some years they look ready to be fired, and the next year are in the running for GM of the year. It's all about wins.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Don't torture yourself, indeed.
That was an underlying part of my last post in "#4"
I think the three players mentioned can be lumped together, with the uniform thread being this organization has been all but a complete mess for so long that it was easy for players to risk abandoning it and the inclination for the organization was to move on, if perceived structure was threatened.
Obviously the hope is that with actual ownership (a Coyote first), the scenario changes and the ugliness of the past fades to black. While it's only fair to question current and future decisions, it's not (imo) productive, fair, or warranted to question the past, at this point, as so much has changed.
Hope this gets my point across, I really hate to ramble on.

Edit: "God it's such a drag, when you're living in the past". Tom Petty
Exactly. Can't imagine what DT and DM went through, and even Chayka to a lesser degree. Now, with new ownership everything has changed and expectations have risen.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's like investing in stocks. Even the great investors can look back and say "if only I had bought X when it was trading for Y"

Don't torture yourself.
Small cap stocks (prospects) consistently outperform large cap stocks (Stepans and Kessels) in terms of return on investment.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Don't torture yourself.
No but I fired my financial planner when he talked me down from investing $10K in a stock (still invested $1K) that did 10,000% in 3 years.

Reactions: MIG

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Analytics have their place and seem to prevent really making any really lopsided trades but a GM also needs to work outside those perimeters to implement heart and character in the line up. Not everything shows up in the stats. Chayka needs to get outside the box and make a character move. We need a energized molecule to start bouncing around and get some of this stationary talent moving.

Where have all the heart and soul players gone?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Man I'm envious. I haven't hit one that did that well yet but I had a few double in the last year
Legalized cannabis in Canada. I sold too early. Could have made 20,000% had I held longer.

we could add an investment thread. I manage my own portfolio now. Hit AMD last year for a decent return as well.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Legalized cannabis in Canada. I sold too early. Could have made 20,000% had I held longer.

we could add an investment thread. I manage my own portfolio now. Hit AMD last year for a decent return as well.

Are you exaggerating or has there been big money made in cannabis stocks? It's a young (legal) industry and separating the wheat from the chaff can be difficult. Lot's bankruptcies and likely more to follow.

Keyword Search | Seeking Alpha

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Are you exaggerating or has there been big money made in cannabis stocks? It's a young (legal) industry and separating the wheat from the chaff can be difficult. Lot's bankruptcies and likely more to follow.

Keyword Search | Seeking Alpha
Canopy growth was a couple bucks not that long ago, it nearly hit $70 within 2 or 3 years.

Reactions: MIG

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)

I would be into that for sure. AMD was another I missed and I bought Cannabis too late. STMicroelectronics has been good for me. Probably still lots to be made.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hopefully sold at the peak.

View attachment 312775
That looks like a broken stock, double top, trading well below the trend line, likely below the 50 and 200 day moving averages. It looks more likely to retest below $10 and go sideways for 1/2 a year at least, before it resumes an uptrend. I would be careful investing in that chart long term.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That looks like a broken stock, double top, trading well below the trend line, likely below the 50 and 200 day moving averages. It looks more likely to retest below $10 and go sideways for 1/2 a year at least, before it resumes an uptrend. I would be careful investing in that chart long term.

I'm more of a long term investor. Usually won't touch anything with both negative earnings and negative cash flow. If you are a smart trader like @Jamieh then volatility can be your friend. Good luck.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm more of a long term investor. Usually won't touch anything with both negative earnings and negative cash flow. If you are a smart trader like @Jamieh then volatility can be your friend. Good luck.
Yeah I never said I won all of those flips!!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad