Around the NHL #3 - Straight Cash Homey

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just sort of a reminder for all, ehm, measuring contests between here and the Oilers:
One team has their prize, the best player in the game.
The other's best player is Darcy Kuemper.

Continue.
Are you suggesting there might exist nuance to a conversation? You must be on the wrong forum.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Oh the nuance is there.... it’s just finding it.

elephant-parable.jpg

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As long as humans have emotions fit will be important. Once all the analytics have been run, what's left is an emotional human being. Players need to be managed.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Guys, a little question, maybe soneone can help me.

Watching the nhl per gamecenter on the ps4. (Out of market price is a dream!)

When i watch a game, is there a way to show the other scores on the top/buttom of the tv!?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Just sort of a reminder for all, ehm, measuring contests between here and the Oilers:
One team has their prize, the best player in the game.
The other's best player is Darcy Kuemper.

Continue.

The prize is the Stanley Cup, not a player. And Connor won’t have one anytime soon.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The prize is the Stanley Cup, not a player. And Connor won’t have one anytime soon.

Yeah I don't agree with this at all (also you intentionally missed the point, which was that it's a lot easier to build successful teams around talented players) [also it's not like we're really any closer either so it doesn't make sense anyway]

I've been a fan of teams that won nothing, teams that won something, teams that had solid financial footing, and teams that don't.
I remember the Suns that had dominant regular seasons and fell short in the playoffs for the a decade. I've seen the Suns now. Which one is better? Sure it was annoying at the time they couldn't get over the hump, but at least there was hope. There's no hope now.

Team sports isn't Talladega Nights style if you're not first you're last. If the Coyotes were as successful as the Suns in the 00's but never won a cup, they might not have ended up in the trouble they did. It would help build a fanbase to have players to rally around. It would give reason for people on the borderline to keep going.

It doesn't matter to Montreal fans, really, if their team is 10th or 25th. Sure they'd rather win, but it's not the end of things. If a team like the Coyotes is never as "unsuccessful" as failing to win the cup while being a good team, that's bad news.

It would be nice if we had the luxury of not worrying about the quality of the nightly product. But we don't have that luxury.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was so obvious that Neal was going to have a bounce back, even without McDavid.

And dealing him for Lucic? Treliving should be fired.
Deal of the century for Holland. I guess Calgary was so excited with that deal they gave Trevliving and new deal.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They gave him that deal because Calgary has one of the best records in the league since they hired him.
Yup, he has a .558 winning % and our own Chayka a .446. Maybe we have the wrong guy? I think Chayka sits at the bottom of the heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad