Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hall to Buffalo is a real head scratcher.

Yeah, I don't get it at all.

I guess he's banking on next year being a better market? Even then... Buffalo?

The only logic is he'll get top minutes with Eichel and maybe puff up his value going into next year when things maybe return to more normal.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
a few more rumors:
David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod[URL='https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1315454279528992769'] 1h[/URL]
So... in other news (some updates):
• CHI has been in the market for a mid-6 F
• PHI has been exploring the D market
• VAN has reached out to Hamonic, Vatanen, Gustafsson
• NAS is believed to be among the teams in mix for Hoffman
• Multiple teams eyeing Melker Karlsson

Where does VAN get the cap? More D in Philly? (Ghost move impending)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

The only logic is he'll get top minutes with Eichel and maybe puff up his value going into next year when things maybe return to more normal.

That and Ralph Krueger might be the only coach he has liked during his run in the NHL...

It did sound like Taylor Hall found the whole Chayka thing to be a hard no for Arizona afterwards.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I like how we heard just how aggressive Tampa Bay was in making cap space, and they have yet to make an actual move, as Johnson to waivers as of now gives them a mil of space. Yet every year I fall for it, how this year we will see a ton of action and always left disappointed.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Yeah, I am with you on this. That has to be it, plus as TZE and I heard elsewhere already on this site, he apparently had glowing reviews of Ralph Krueger which definitely played a part. That said, winning appears to be back-burner for him. Buffalo to me is just one of those teams that are never really going anywhere.

I think we are now 1-2 years away from Eichel having had enough of all the losing if they continue to miss the playoffs.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I didn't know Marleau was that close.

o_O... Yeah... Has he been playing since he was 17 or some shit? Was last year the first in which he missed a significant amount of time to injury? Insane.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
There are some fans who are arguing that Howe played in an era that was not as tough on the body as Marleau.

I am quite surprised that anyone who follows hockey would think to say something so moronic.
I would think the opposite

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
There are some fans who are arguing that Howe played in an era that was not as tough on the body as Marleau.

I am quite surprised that anyone who follows hockey would think to say something so moronic.
Not that I don't believe yah Doc, but I haven't seen a single person say that before. Back in those days, you better come full to the rink, because you were going to get at least 3 or 4 elbow sandwiches a night.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Not that I don't believe yah Doc, but I haven't seen a single person say that before. Back in those days, you better come full to the rink, because you were going to get at least 3 or 4 elbow sandwiches a night.
I am not going to name anyone (don't want Wings fans piling on a guy), but if you look you will be able to find the person I am talking about.

If you do discover who it is, please don't start anything.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I am not going to name anyone (don't want Wings fans piling on a guy), but if you look you will be able to find the person I am talking about.

If you do discover who it is, please don't start anything.
Fair enough. That's work I don't want to do over a subject I don't care that much about. Thanks mang!

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

It's just different to the point in which it's kind of pointless to discuss. Major props to Marleau for being a player than can skate for all the eras he's witnessed. I don't recall the exact year when the game became more of a track meet but I'm sure it was quite difficult to get the 'ol body ready to be able to keep up with those young thoroughbreds.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
It's just different to the point in which it's kind of pointless to discuss. Major props to Marleau for being a player than can skate for all the eras he's witnessed. I don't recall the exact year when the game became more of a track meet but I'm sure it was quite difficult to get the 'ol body ready to be able to keep up with those young thoroughbreds.
Yes quite an accomplishment for Marleau. After the DRW's let Gordie walk, he played another 419 games in the WHA (mostly with the Houston Aeros to play with his sons) before returning to the NHL with Hartford.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
o_O... Yeah... Has he been playing since he was 17 or some shit? Was last year the first in which he missed a significant amount of time to injury? Insane.

You have to factor in Marleau has been playing 82 game seasons compared to Gordie's, what...60 game seasons? Not taking anything away from Marleau, it's still a hell of a feat, but he essentially had to play 4 seasons to Howe's 5 to match the amount of games.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
It's called "Old Time Hockey" for a reason...in the 50's-80's they pummeled each other way more. More fighting, no helmets (til 80's), paper thin protective gear (relatively speaking). Goalies didn't even wear masks til Jacques Plante in '59, later others followed suit. Inferior: training equipment, coaching systems, diet, medical staff & medication/pharma, technology, riding buses/trains, very low pay (relatively speaking again). No: Internet/I-phones 10K, smart-ass phones etc. Modern athletes have it made & are cream puffs compared to the old timers.

Are the modern guys bigger/stronger/faster/taller, sure, but it's all relative.

#7 Terrible Ted says hello.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016

It was wasn't an injury. He was UFA and didn't sign until after SJ's 4th game. I believe his ironman streak is still considered active at 854. 5th highest so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad