Around the NHL 2020-2021 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Federal government issues quarantine exemption for NHL training camps

CANADA - "Federal government says it has issued an exemption to the mandatory 14-day quarantine period for NHL players and team staff to return to Canada for training camp under "national interest grounds."

Awfully convenient for (any) Govt. to issue an exemption for "national interest ($$)"...how about the F**king working class citizens? (many of which are beyond broke).

Wonder how many people worldwide will become homeless/starve etc. b/c of shutdowns. It reminds of those old pharma commercials, takes care of 1 health issue & subjects user to 15 other issues (some more severe than original).

Last edited:
Reactions: MBH

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He would be our #1C, Dubois is nasty. Honestly I hope for Columbus this doesn't happen they have been through enough with their stars... Plus I want to steal Werenski or Jones.:laugh:

I like like Columbus and pull for them. Really not sure why they have such a hard time keeping guys. None of the guys they dealt for a couple of years ago stuck around, Panarin ran like hell, Bobrovsky leaving seemed to be a foregone conclusion... Panarin stays in Columbus and they are a scary team. As it is they are good, but they clearly lack that extra guy up front.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Really not sure why they have such a hard time keeping guys.

ap_playoffs-tortorella_s_way_90225995.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, that's my sneaking suspicion, too. That and Columbus is a pretty small city in the middle of nowhere.

Torts is obviously a good hockey mind but he's human sandpaper. After awhile, it's going to rub you raw.

And yeah, I'm sure Panarin and his model girlfriend (now fiance) didn't mind the move to NYC. Imagine my surprise a young Russian hockey star was engaged to a model.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I like like Columbus and pull for them. Really not sure why they have such a hard time keeping guys. None of the guys they dealt for a couple of years ago stuck around, Panarin ran like hell, Bobrovsky leaving seemed to be a foregone conclusion... Panarin stays in Columbus and they are a scary team. As it is they are good, but they clearly lack that extra guy up front.

I like Cbus to visit and watch a hockey game...but it's not a great place to live.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Kings Training Camp: Quotes from Andreas Athanasiou
On Martin Frk, and there days together in the Detroit organization
We’re really good buddies, actually. We were drafted the same year, we went to camp together, went into the league together, and played in the minors together. We’re pretty close. we’ve always had a really good relationship. He helps me work on my Czech. I come in the morning, I talk to him in Czech; it’s pretty funny. He’s an awesome dude and he has unbelievable skill. You guys know he has the hardest shot ever. We work on that together. I try to ask him to help me learn to shoot like that. Ever since the get-go, we’ve always been kind of good buddies and always helped each other out. Even when we played together we were real good. It’s really a good face to see coming here. Right when I signed here, he was the first person I called. He was excited and I was too.
Looks like they have him with Lizotte and Carter.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Thomas Greiss's Wings mask is one of the dumbest I have ever seen.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Thomas Greiss's Wings mask is one of the dumbest I have ever seen.

Not sure if that black stripe is meant to tie into the German crest on the back plate, or maybe its supposed to be a car tire?:dunno: I dunno. Its just really weird and stands out in a not so good way.

Love the artwork. And the Sawchuk tribute.

It is fairly reminiscent of one his Islander masks, except that one incorporated the team colours to separate the Gorilla side from the team logo side.

Google Image Result for https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d4LBl8DrrDk/W9N3MQlU1NI/AAAAAAAAZ8Q/2tr8kW1axAIFfFZNNAsU62gNF988ayC8gCEwYBhgL/s1600/DqJ3nr1U0AAcDRZ.jpg

IIRC, other than his shark head one, all his others had some well known city/state backdrop on the logo side. Grand Canyon when he was with Arizona. Brooklyn Bridge and lighthouse on other Islander masks.

Wish they would have done something like that here. Like the RenCen or something.

Last edited:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Bruins prank Bergeron by giving the Rat the C.

They didn't pull it off as well as I'd hoped to see but I still chuckled.

At this point, how savage would it be if the Wings did something like that to Larkin?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
It looks like Dallas has a large number of COVID cases already and have shut down their facility. This should be an eye opener for the NHL.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
It looks like Dallas has a large number of COVID cases already and have shut down their facility. This should be an eye opener for the NHL.
If the NHL tries to shut down another season...I know a guy who's ready to storm their castle & issue a list of demands. Who's with us, errr, I mean, who's ready? (asking for a friend). :laugh:

upload_2021-1-8_15-10-57.png

He's said he's gonna bring the storm, because he is the storm. Or at least a tropical depression. :laugh:

DISCLAIMER: This post is obviously satire, a joke. No offense to anyone, really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad