Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I didn't realize it was that bad. That has to be an all-time high for top heavy scoring. There's over 100% difference between #2 and #3. Wild.

McDavid and Draisaitl both have 35 points at even strength. McDavid is -7 on the season and Draisaitl is -18. I think there is an argument there that despite the points those guys are putting up, they aren't winning their match-ups. The only other negatives in the top30 scorers are Kane (-2) and Ovi (-11). Maybe the rest of the team is that bad, but part of me really doesn't get how those two aren't controlling the play enough to be positive players (or in the case of Draisaitl just closer to break even).

Reactions: 14ari13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
McDavid and Draisaitl both have 35 points at even strength. McDavid is -7 on the season and Draisaitl is -18. I think there is an argument there that despite the points those guys are putting up, they aren't winning their match-ups. The only other negatives in the top30 scorers are Kane (-2) and Ovi (-11). Maybe the rest of the team is that bad, but part of me really doesn't get how those two aren't controlling the play enough to be positive players (or in the case of Draisaitl just closer to break even).

That's really damning. Although I do think a significant part of it has to do with the blueline. But not all of it. Yikes.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm sure there's a ton of reasons, but the obvious answer is both lack good bluelines to keep goals out with any consistency. Buffalo is in better shape with Dahlin, but the kid is 19. It's going to take some time.
Edmonton has no depth.

WfazuXk.png

They both were at the very top, now they are not making playoffs.

I do not know about the injuries. It is a dog fight, many teams are very close. It will be interesting to see how this works our, there are many games left.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Oilers and Sabres, but Predators and Sharks too.

The Sharks are done.

The other 3 teams will look for changes.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I didn't realize it was that bad. That has to be an all-time high for top heavy scoring. There's over 100% difference between #2 and #3. Wild.

McDavid+Draisaitl have 39% of the teams total points :laugh:

and that doesn't even include whoever else is on their line

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The leafs are red hot after firing babcock.

Blue jackets are red hot too.

There are teams that struggle and Yzerman should be exploring if there is something.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The leafs are red hot after firing babcock.

Blue jackets are red hot too.

There are teams that struggle and Yzerman should be exploring if there is something.

Bernier to the Leafs. They need a backup.
Blue Jackets? Hmm. Bernier could help there too. Glendening perhaps.
Both teams seem set on RHD.

So...what would we want? To be honest, I don't see Columbus trading away many young assets or picks after not having a first, second or third last season. They also don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year.

So scratch them off, even though I really like Foudy and Marchenko.

What would Toronto give up for Bernier? Maybe prospect goalie Ian Scott and a 4th?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I would enjoy a deep Leafs cup run, but I would have to ignore every single Leafs-related topic for the next decade.

Honestly, I probably should do that as it is.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's gonna be so amusing if Tampa catches Boston and the Leafs end up playing Boston in the 1st round again :laugh:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Bernier to the Leafs. They need a backup.
Blue Jackets? Hmm. Bernier could help there too. Glendening perhaps.
Both teams seem set on RHD.

So...what would we want? To be honest, I don't see Columbus trading away many young assets or picks after not having a first, second or third last season. They also don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year.

So scratch them off, even though I really like Foudy and Marchenko.

What would Toronto give up for Bernier? Maybe prospect goalie Ian Scott and a 4th?

No help to the leafs.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
No help to the leafs.

Really?
Andersen 21-8-5 .914 2.74
Hutchinson 3-6-1 .892 3.68
Kaskusuo 0-1-0 .842 6.00

Every time Andersen needs a game off, the Leafs are f***ed.
This is a guy who has played 66, 66 and 60 games the last three years.
If I was the GM of the Leafs, I'd want a second goalie who was somewhat reliable. Who gives you the chance to rest Andersen and keep him sane for the playoffs.
Or, who doesn't blow up your playoff hopes if Andersen has to miss 4 weeks due to a groin pull from overwork.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Really?
Andersen 21-8-5 .914 2.74
Hutchinson 3-6-1 .892 3.68
Kaskusuo 0-1-0 .842 6.00

Every time Andersen needs a game off, the Leafs are ****ed.
This is a guy who has played 66, 66 and 60 games the last three years.
If I was the GM of the Leafs, I'd want a second goalie who was somewhat reliable. Who gives you the chance to rest Andersen and keep him sane for the playoffs.
Or, who doesn't blow up your playoff hopes if Andersen has to miss 4 weeks due to a groin pull from overwork.

I do not wish to help the leafs. I want them to miss playoffs and lose.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman traded for Galchenyuk soon if the price gets low enough with Pittsburgh actively shopping him

would fit his pattern thus far pretty well

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman traded for Galchenyuk soon if the price gets low enough with Pittsburgh actively shopping him

would fit his pattern thus far pretty well

When you're got no money (trade assets) and you need to furnish a house (rebuild your entire team), you hit the yard sales hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad