Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
James Neal is back.

Man, would've loved to trade Turris for him.
Eh, we'll see. His MO the last several years has been to be awesome for 20 games, injured about 15-20 games, and then mediocre/average the rest of the season. That year he came out on fire for Vegas he wound up with only like 45 points. Granted, any significant time with McDavid/Draisaitl is going to boost anyone's numbers (well, except maybe Milan Lucic?).

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think the Canes are legitimate cup contenders this year. I've watched every game of theirs so far and they just look like a force to be reckoned with.

Preds do as well.

Anyone who is surprised by Neal's resurgence needs to have their head checked. He has always possessed an elite shot. He needs quality players who can feed him the puck for him to be good. His career shooting percentage is 11.9%. Last year it was less than half at 5%. You knew he was going to bounce back.

From his time in Pittsburgh, he was almost always a PPG player. I wouldn't be surprised if he is again this year.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Despite Winnipeg collecting points, I'm starting to see a trend with them. They only have one win against a playoff team from last year. That gives me hope they can't sustain collecting points as their schedule gets harder.

Meanwhile, we are 2-0 against playoff teams and 1-2 against nonplayoff teams. Go figure.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think the Canes are legitimate cup contenders this year. I've watched every game of theirs so far and they just look like a force to be reckoned with.

Preds do as well.

Anyone who is surprised by Neal's resurgence needs to have their head checked. He has always possessed an elite shot. He needs quality players who can feed him the puck for him to be good. His career shooting percentage is 11.9%. Last year it was less than half at 5%. You knew he was going to bounce back.

From his time in Pittsburgh, he was almost always a PPG player. I wouldn't be surprised if he is again this year.
He's done this before though. He started out with 6g in 4 games with Vegas and wound up with 25g and 44 points. He's definitely better than he showed last year and should put up decent numbers in extended play with McDavid or Draisaitl, but I think we're seeing some extreme early season opportunism at play.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
You hate to see it.

You know, I remember Ken Campbell writing articles in The Hockey News about southern hockey team attendance issues. His stance was almost always that we were terrible markets and basically should be moved to Canada or somewhere else more traditional.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Funny how that works. Be competitive and people will pay to see you cough Titans cough.

I think the Canadiens and the Jets attendance would still be considered “sellouts” because the tickets were sold, the seat holders just didn’t go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad