Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I am angry that Botts did not think of trading for Gusev, he was a great addition to our roster, like Miller and MoJo.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Whether or not things are his fault, its still fun to see toronto fans and media ripping into Babcock after it was painted that he was the absolute greatest that we weren't good enough to have

Reactions: Chainshot

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Vesey makes even less sense when you consider our GM was actively negotiating a trade with the GM who traded Gusev and Haula.

And the Leafs should not be this bad defensively. They actually have a lot of talent on that blue line. Can't wait to see the fans and media turn on them.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Blackhawks Sharks game has been a back and forth affair. Nylander is:
trying too hard,
not being used in the right situations,
not playing with the right linemates,
a mess.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Vesey makes even less sense when you consider our GM was actively negotiating a trade with the GM who traded Gusev and Haula.

And the Leafs should not be this bad defensively. They actually have a lot of talent on that blue line. Can't wait to see the fans and media turn on them.
They have a lot of guys playing defence who are not defensive minded. They seem to want to be forwards and they know if they want big money it is the points they amass that will get it for them--or so it seems. It is something I worry about as a Sabres fan--having guys who will close down a team in a tight game or at he end of a period.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Whether or not things are his fault, its still fun to see toronto fans and media ripping into Babcock after it was painted that he was the absolute greatest that we weren't good enough to have

Krueger is basically all the good aspects that Babcock would bring without all the negative that Babcock brings. I think we got the better coach at the end of the day.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Really curious to continue to monitor the Leafs situation. If they fire Babcock, that could create pandemonium. I can't see it happening unless it gets really bad or at the end of the year if they don't advance past the first round.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Really curious to continue to monitor the Leafs situation. If they fire Babcock, that could create pandemonium. I can't see it happening unless it gets really bad or at the end of the year if they don't advance past the first round.
Yeah, I don't see him getting fired mid-season, barring some major collapse. They have too much talent to lose more than they win. I still think they'll comfortably make the playoffs, but don't think they're built to win it all.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
swtbssyq9ur31.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If they could’ve swung some sort of move for all three? Coup of the summer. As it was being able to squeeze Miller out for what they did was still a solid pick up. Obviously my preferences about the other two are well known. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->