Around the NHL: 2019-20 Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Do they plan to do a full 82 for 20-21
I hope not. I don't like hockey in June as it is. You'll have poorer ice in a lot of arenas the longer the season pushes, despite modern technology.

Maybe the NHL will do an intra-conference-only schedule to reduce travel. Or a light inter-conference schedule between selected teams only.

They'd be wise to do a lighter schedule and include a couple "open weeks" if possible, if rescheduled games are needed, or if games need to be canceled, teams can make up missed games so each team has the same number of games played by end of season, regardless of whether that season completes as planned.

Imagine the Sabres opening the season 10-0-0, then mysteriously (i.e., wink-wink) having COVID the rest of the season, playing no more games, and finishing the season as the #1 playoff seed with a 1.000 points percentage. It's Friday, but no, I'm not drinking yet.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I hope not. I don't like hockey in June as it is. You'll have poorer ice in a lot of arenas the longer the season pushes, despite modern technology.

Maybe the NHL will do an intra-conference-only schedule to reduce travel. Or a light inter-conference schedule between selected teams only.

They'd be wise to do a lighter schedule and include a couple "open weeks" if possible, if rescheduled games are needed, or if games need to be canceled, teams can make up missed games so each team has the same number of games played by end of season, regardless of whether that season completes as planned.

Imagine the Sabres opening the season 10-0-0, then mysteriously (i.e., wink-wink) having COVID the rest of the season, playing no more games, and finishing the season as the #1 playoff seed with a 1.000 points percentage. It's Friday, but no, I'm not drinking yet.

Should be easy to reset. Play this season shortened and modified, then play 20-21 shortened and modified with the playoffs starting at the normal time. Handle it in two shortened seasons.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I doubt the owners and the PA want to lose all that revenue, though.

With the flat cap and the escrow payments moving forward, the PA is going to want as many games as possible to reduce the givebacks via escrow to a minimum.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Dunno if this has been shared here yet, but here's some more info on the playoffs and draft.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I'm assuming that NHL.TV will have a streaming service option for the upcoming play-in and playoffs. I just wonder how much they'll try to charge for it.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm assuming that NHL.TV will have a streaming service option for the upcoming play-in and playoffs. I just wonder how much they'll try to charge for it.

im assuming they’ll be on the nbc family of channels. They are all hurting for live sports content. I doubt nhl.tv will compete with nbc streaming platforms.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I wonder if I'll get a refund for the Sabres games that didn't air.

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
I'm still bitter about this lottery. Part of me hopes this "playoff" bs doesnt happen so they have to redo the lottery. Maybe pretty petty of me, but NHL went full Mickey Mouse when they pulled that garbage.

Reactions: Eichel9

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
They owe us subscribers 1/3 of a season. The qualifiers should be broadcast under the previous years agreement. Then the networks take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->