• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Andersson was terrible in that 3rd period. Two extremely soft goals in the 3rd period of a game 7 when your team is up a goal on the road. Sure Andersson may have played well in a couple of the games in the series but he is not an elite goaltender, and it Elite Goaltenders that propel you in do or die games like last night.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Andersson was terrible in that 3rd period. Two extremely soft goals in the 3rd period of a game 7 when your team is up a goal on the road. Sure Andersson may have played well in a couple of the games in the series but he is not an elite goaltender, and it Elite Goaltenders that propel you in do or die games like last night.

He was the reason there was a game 6 and 7

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He was the reason there was a game 6 and 7
Sure you could say that. Although I think Pastrnak simply didnt finish some great chances like he usually does in game 5. He made some great saves but I agree with the other poster he looked shaky most of the series. His rebound control was not great and he was kinda all over the place. They might have survived against Boston but they were not going much further with him and that defense

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Winnipeg/Nashville is going to be a very, very interesting series. Could go either way.

If the Capitals can't beat Pittsburgh.....I don't know do they finally trade one of their core guys? What else can they do?

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The 4 best teams playing each other in round 2. Yay?

Alternative with reseeding would be:

TB-Pitt
BOS-WSH

NSH-SJ
WPG-LV

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Yeah the seeding stinks now. This is how it was from 1982-1993 with the exception of the Wild Card. I guess the NHL is going for rivalries and because of parity and how quickly teams can be built/rebuilt, they figure it won't be the same matchups over, and over ,and over again (Rangers pretty much played either the Flyers or Islanders every year in the 80s but with this current format, they've had many different opponents).

I like 1-8, 2-7, etc. but it would be really fun and crazy if the league went back to that late 70s-1981 1-16, 2-15, etc. format. Florida would have made the playoffs over Colorado and the matchups would have been:

Nashville-Florida
Winnipeg-New Jersey
Tampa-Columbus
Boston-Philly
LA-Vegas
San Jose-Washington
Pittsburgh-Toronto
Anaheim-Minnesota

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Whoever said I’d watch caps vs pens for the 8th time is wrong. The other series are too good and with the nba playoffs I can distract myself in protest

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
30784389_10204404701475823_812209865_n.png

Just so everyone is ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad