• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
McD's play could have easily been substituted with Holden.
Hmm. I guess I disagree on that one. Holden always liked to lose his head. I thought McDonagh was McDonagh. Those days of smooth skating up the ice to lead a rush have been distant Rangers memories for a while, so I know Yzerman was not expecting that.
All it comes down to for me is good trade at the right time.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
That display tonight reminded how little I wanted to see certain guys win. Guess we were stuck with Vegas either way.

And I say "stuck" because I just don't see them winning it. No reason, I just don't.

Even though I have no problem with those guys and would be happy for them winning I still am enjoying seeing so many people so angry at them

Reading the post series thread on the main board makes me cheer for OV even tho I have been emotionally pro vegas the whole time (Logically pro TB bc 1st rounder)

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even though I have no problem with those guys and would be happy for them winning I still am enjoying seeing so many people so angry at them

Reading the post series thread on the main board makes me cheer for OV even tho I have been emotionally pro vegas the whole time (Logically pro TB bc 1st rounder)

I like Ovi but I don't want anyone who roots for the Caps to be happy.

It's a fan thing not a team thing.

Reactions: Bozle and bl02

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
because we keep overrating our Dmen just like we did with Staal and Girardi and gave them ridiculous contracts.

Nah, from the start of the 2012 season through the 2014 SCF McDonagh was f***ing incredible and seemed like he was on the verge of being a perennial Norris contender. He was pretty much what Seth Jones is now.

He's lived hard off that reputation since. It was all downhill the second he got that stupid C stitched on his chest.

Another genius move from AV, it always should have been Marty, even for only one year.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm not sure if they're just being over emotional but it seems like Tampa fans want no part of paying Miller what he's going to command and want to move on from McDonagh as well.

Wow.

Yzerman made a huge mistake not forking over the extra dough for Karlsson.

No conditions on the 2019 first, Foote instead of Howden and add Cirelli or Raddysh and they probably would be in the right ballpark.

If you're going to be making a huge deadline addition like he did you gotta be all in.

Reactions: TheTakedown

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Logically, I should have been rooting for that second to first round upgrade, but I was rooting against TB. Some of those TB fans were so smug after the trade. It felt good to watch them lose.

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know players are given big money contracts nowadays but JT Miller has had plenty of chances to come up big in the playoffs he just can't. He probably will get his 5 or 5.5 million somewhere but honestly glad it wasn't us.

Reactions: haveandare

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Logically, I should have been rooting for that second to first round upgrade, but I was rooting against TB. Some of those TB fans were so smug after the trade. It felt good to watch them lose.

If there were any logic at all involved here, we wouldn't be worshiping grown men playing a schoolyard game.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Gorton: Hey Steve, I have a bridge to sell ya.
Steve: What? I'm hanging up.
Gorton: Hahahaha. Just kidding, man. But, hey, you know what? I DO have Marc Staal available. Last one in stock. Better act fast and get in on this.
Steve: Ok, I mean, I think we're thisclose with McD and Miller.
Gorton: Ok, ok, ok. Great. Call me back with your best offer. But don't wait too long, ok?
Steve: You got it, man.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Nah, from the start of the 2012 season through the 2014 SCF McDonagh was ****ing incredible and seemed like he was on the verge of being a perennial Norris contender. He was pretty much what Seth Jones is now.

He's lived hard off that reputation since. It was all downhill the second he got that stupid C stitched on his chest.

Another genius move from AV, it always should have been Marty, even for only one year.

Sorry, I never felt he was incredible. Sometimes he would make incredibly bad or stupid plays though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->