• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Brutal decision by Cooper to pull Vasilevsky before they set up in the ozone while on the pp. They never even got possession.

I never get why coaches do that. 1:37 left in the game so you don’t have to rush it. You pull your goalie while the other team is on the P.K. and they’re gonna shoot for the empty net instead of just clearing it. Coleman doesn’t shoot that puck for the net if the Devils aren’t on the P.K.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Gotta be honest, Tampa really isn’t that good. Imo the only reason they’re up 2-1 in the series is Kinkaid took a dump the first 2 games and basically gave up a goal on every scoring chance they had. The Devils are faster and seem to get more chances especially second half of game 2 and tonight.

If Schneider played the first two games and at the level he did tonight I think the series might be reversed.

Vasilevsky hasn’t looked particularly good either.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Gotta be honest, Tampa really isn’t that good. Imo the only reason they’re up 2-1 in the series is Kinkaid took a dump the first 2 games and basically gave up a goal on every scoring chance they had. The Devils are faster and seem to get more chances especially second half of game 2 and tonight.

If Schneider played the first two games and at the level he did tonight I think the series might be reversed.

Tampa finna get smacked by Boston

Also I think I hate Tampa more than the Devils rn

@ me

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

Even still, I think the Devils might win maybe 1 or 2 games max. They look like they want it more, but Tampa's depth is going to power them through.

Agreed though, I think Boston and Pittsburgh are both better teams. Columbus ain't too far behind either

Reactions: yrrebbor

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I can't tell if they're not clicking, or if they're just deciding to play down to their opponents. There's an almost arrogant tone to how lazy and indifferent they've looked, and it might come back to bite them in the ass. The Devils are a young and hungry team.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Even still, I think the Devils might win maybe 1 or 2 games max. They look like they want it more, but Tampa's depth is going to power them through.

Agreed though, I think Boston and Pittsburgh are both better teams. Columbus ain't too far behind either
The only way Tampa is going to go on a run is if Vasilevsky starts playing like he was in October and November again. Right now he’s just playing like an average goalie and that’s not gonna get it done for Tampa.

That Noesen goal was a nice shot was I mean a nice play by Hall but it’s a shot from the top of the circle that went square the center of the net. He should’ve had that.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
unfortunately they barely tested him after that sequence where he looked to have injured himself.
Yeah idk if they even had 2 shots after that. Almost no zone time as well.

Which btw that sequence was straight out of New York.

McDonagh holds the puck too long on a breakaway and doesn’t even get a shot. With goalie down and out scrambling team keeps making crap passes to each other instead of just wiring it on net. Then the sequence ends with JT Miller taking a pointless offensive zone penalty.

Really takes me back.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I can't tell if they're not clicking, or if they're just deciding to play down to their opponents. There's an almost arrogant tone to how lazy and indifferent they've looked, and it might come back to bite them in the ass. The Devils are a young and hungry team.

I definitely see it. Might be too late by the time they take the Debbies seriously

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I remember getting a lot of lol wut responses when I said it weeks ago but I stand by it. If Tampa finishes 2nd, there was no way they were going through both Toronto and Boston.

They better hope they can close quick and Tor/Boston go 7 and murder each other.

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

It’s been well documented that I keep watching Tampa and come away expecting more. Part of me thinks that I look at their skaters on paper and set an unfair expectation. But I’ve never come away from them thinking that they look like the most dangerous team heading into the playoffs.

They’re supremely skilled, but there’s a certain aloofness to the way they play. Almost like the kids who can pass the tests so they don’t do their HW. Unfortunately, college can be rough on kids with that approach. Will the playoffs pose the same challenges for the Bolts? It’s quite possible.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This. Coop needs to tell them to wake the f up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->