• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe the Lightning will stop going after all the Rangers players now.

Rangers and Lightning have combined for 4 ECF losses (shutout in game 7 in 2 of them) and 2 SCF losses since 2011.

My goodness..

They need to complete the transition of trading for every Rangers post season underachiever by adding Zuccarello next year.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
"Big-game" Stamkos has 0 points in, I believe, 6 game 7's with a grand total of 9 shots.

But, yeah, TB fans should pile on Miller of all people.

The truth is the TB was outplayed, outcoached, and the Caps simply wanted it more more often than they did. They were lucky to have won three games.
I might add that they finally bought into the team first game. That was the best defense I have ever seen them play ever! Think the Vegas fairytale ends in the finals. I will bet GregSirico ‘s car as well!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Since there’s no longer NYR motivation at the outcome I don’t really care who between Vegas and Washington wins. On a personal level I’m rooting for Ovi who deserves a taste of success. He surely paid his dues and then some.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Namestnikov is going to surprise a lot of people, in a positive way, next season if he's still here. He's likely not going to put up 50+ points like Miller, but he has a solid all-around game which was tough to see in a small sample size of 20+ games with a decimated team. In an offseason with a new coach and learning to play with his teammates, I think he will do very well for us.

I think so too. Namestnikov will have spells like what we saw at the end of the season but these should be shorter and we haven’t seen how Namestnikov looked when he was was producing even while he was on 3/4 lines away from Stamkos and Kucherov.

Reactions: Metranger

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
I love how much people hate Miller. How many of your cheerios did he pee in? Mid-first round picks that become 50-60 point players are the worst!

Only reason he’s getting this much flack is because people still equate Miller to a 1-to-1 swap with Names, and are doing the mental gymnastics to justify that trade as a win. Let’s move on folks.

Skilled people can rack up some points like JT and look good no paper. Talent is 50% of the equation, decision making and clutch are the other 50%.

JT is moderately high on talent, low on IQ and low on clutch. We don't need the Melo of hockey. Hard pass for me. Glad he's gone.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I would love to see Ovechkin win the SC. He would celebrate harder than Rob Gronkowski. It'd be hilarious and so much fun to see.

And besides, I think aside from King Henrik, Ovechkin wants and needs the Cup more than anyone else.

The rest of the Capitals can go suck eggs though, especially that creepy bastard Braden Holtby. Don't let him near your children.

I just never liked Ovi's personality. Always comes off like a child. Besides, the capital fan base doesn't deserve to win, either.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think so too. Namestnikov will have spells like what we saw at the end of the season but these should be shorter and we haven’t seen how Namestnikov looked when he was was producing even while he was on 3/4 lines away from Stamkos and Kucherov.

He's much better than he showed last season.

If he finds his niche, and fits into the system Quinn brings, I think he has a chance to be a very useful player. Maybe not a guy who generates eye-catching stat lines, but who plays an important, and probably under-appreciated role.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hockey players are a scary bunch, you wouldn’t want to face this guy in a dark alley late at night:

Reactions: Bozle

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Also, have another Lightning Board Nugget for you guys! :D

In reference to Stamkos
We pay him 8.5 to only score when we are on the PP? Brett Connolly didn't have that much trouble finding space and time to score more goals with much less time on the ice in the playoffs. Stamkos just isn't an elite player anymore even though he's being paid like one. He's a 2C who gets his stats inflated with PP points and playing with one of the best in the league. Guy should not be our captain any longer, the team is going nowhere with him as the leader.

Nullifies any part of me that wanted to sign Tavares

Reactions: Ola

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's much better than he showed last season.

If he finds his niche, and fits into the system Quinn brings, I think he has a chance to be a very useful player. Maybe not a guy who generates eye-catching stat lines, but who plays an important, and probably under-appreciated role.
I really hope he'll be part of the rebuild. Great transition player, carrying the puck from zone-to-zone, and establishing possession.

i3mOgVi.png

WQUX2E7.png

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Apparently the pens are looking to get rid of Kessel....interesting. wonder who they'll try to swap him for...

Kessel is always such an interesting player, wherever he goes.

Productive, and yet always with a feeling of not leaving it all out there on the ice.

Successful, but never really beloved by fans or the cities he plays for.

You almost forget how insanely talented he really is and how dangerous he is when he's fully locked-in and invested in something.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kessel is always such an interesting player, wherever he goes.

Productive, and yet always with a feeling of not leaving it all out there on the ice.

Successful, but never really beloved by fans or the cities he plays for.

You almost forget how insanely talented he really is and how dangerous he is when he's fully locked-in and invested in something.
It's the hot dogs.....I'm telling us man...it's the friggin hot dogs

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad