Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Get it straight.
Nobody gives a **** if he's black.
He got traded because he went against management.
All the rumors at the time were that management didn’t like his “antics” and his over the top “personality”. I think everyone at the time knew there was some fishy element to it

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
All the rumors at the time were that management didn’t like his “antics” and his over the top “personality”. I think everyone at the time knew there was some fishy element to it

From what I heard, there was dissention in the locker room between Pacioretty being the official captain and Subban being the real leader.

If anything, I don't think the franchise that only hires French coaches would ever have a black captain. I would speculate that's what started the rift.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I remember being positive we were taking Carlson he was awesome It was a no brainer. We blew it. As we usually do. Not always but usually we blow it. There’s a reason we haven’t had a homegrown star player outside of lundqvist in what 20 years?

Sucks.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
There was a split between the locker room, those that liked him, those that didn't. For example, Price loved him, and clearly Gallagher did not

Yeah but if you're the cause of the split then that's not leading.
You get traded..

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't see why we're wasting time trying to analyze John Carlson's potential Rangers career in hindsight. He literally could have developed into a completely different player under Torts. Remember how Girardi was under Renney?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tell you what though I also remember being furious we took kreider instead of Jordan Schroeder if any of you remember him.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I don't see why we're wasting time trying to analyze John Carlson's potential Rangers career in hindsight. He literally could have developed into a completely different player under Torts. Remember how Girardi was under Renney?

I think the original argument was how much better Shattenkirk was compared to Carlson.
You know..The stats lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

We’re on a NYR message board in June. All we have is time brother

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I remember being positive we were taking Carlson he was awesome It was a no brainer. We blew it. As we usually do. Not always but usually we blow it. There’s a reason we haven’t had a homegrown star player outside of lundqvist in what 20 years?

Sucks.

Because we're allergic to players that produce at the highest level in their age group and draft exclusively on intangibles.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not for nothing, but Gallagher is one of the most hateable players in the league. If he and PK didn't get along, that's even more fuel for the "PK is awesome" train.

Yet Gallagher is still on the team and Subban isn't.
There's a reason for that.
Subban became a selfish dick..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the original argument was how much better Shattenkirk was compared to Carlson.
You know..The stats lol

The original statement was you dragging Shattenkirk into discussions he has nothing to do with, par for the course.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We’re on a NYR message board in June. All we have is time brother
Kov, ten minutes left in a potential Cup-clinching game! Focus people!

I remember wanting Carlson too that year because it was when I started following prospects more closely. C'est la vie. I don't think Carlson is bad because he does some thing very well. I do think he's gonna get way overpaid in a month.

f***.

Reactions: Kovalev27

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The original statement was you dragging Shattenkirk into discussions he has nothing to do with, par for the course.

I wasn't the one that said it.
Of all posters, that was most likely you and yes, that's par for your course..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's ridiculous that there was a split because their best player wasn't a quiet person in the first place, but I guess that's a different discussion

When you're white and divide the room, the players you don't like get traded instead of you.

getty_mmessier.jpg

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad