Who will win the Stanley Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think some of the stuff about McDonagh is overblown. However the comment about him not being worth his next contract, I think that's the key problem with him. He'll get paid based on what he has done and what a lot of people still perceive him to be, and in a couple years the contract will be an anchor.

Miller, not terribly surprised to read any of that. I generally liked Miller, but he was not a big-game performer.

If his play this year is a sign of things to come, he will not be worth his contract 2 years into said contract...

I can't see this guy ever being better than what he was in 2015. That foot injury destroyed him, he was never the same after that...

Which reminds me, you look at Karlsson, and yes, I know he is a God at hockey, but he also had foot problems.

Stamkos broke his leg years ago--he has been invisible all year

Reactions: bl02

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I know we're not supposed to talk about other forums on here, but the post-mortem thread on the TBL board is essentially a post about the Rangers.

If the Lightning fire Cooper and hire AV, I will honestly die laughing.
Lmao i must go check this out immediately.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think some of the stuff about McDonagh is overblown. However the comment about him not being worth his next contract, I think that's the key problem with him. He'll get paid based on what he has done and what a lot of people still perceive him to be, and in a couple years the contract will be an anchor.

Miller, not terribly surprised to read any of that. I generally liked Miller, but he was not a big-game performer.

Kucherov 17 points in 17 games
Stamkos 16 points in 17 games
Miller 8 points in 17 games

And those 3 played on the same line every game, even on the same PP unit. How does Miller only get half the points while being on the same line? That's bad.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kucherov 17 points in 17 games
Stamkos 16 points in 17 games
Miller 8 points in 17 games

And those 3 played on the same line every game, even on the same PP unit. How does Miller only get half the points while being on the same line? That's bad.
If you watched the passes he was making on the PP you would understand .He has absolutely no vision

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
McDonough will NOT be worth his next contract PERIOD

Miller is a dick and playoff waste.

Yet 2 stud prospects a good NHL player in Names a first and a second was a BAD trade according to many on here. No logic

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I think Namestnikov is going to surprise a lot of people, in a positive way, next season if he's still here. He's likely not going to put up 50+ points like Miller, but he has a solid all-around game which was tough to see in a small sample size of 20+ games with a decimated team. In an offseason with a new coach and learning to play with his teammates, I think he will do very well for us.

Reactions: TheTakedown

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Around the HFBoards:

**** the first round pick :laugh: This is pure gold.

Miller had 7 points in 10 games in the first two rounds. Not exactly nothing.

Miller's career 13.9 S % (that has been supposedly regressing to some mystery mean for...forever) is roughly 11th among active players.

But sure, bury whatever you want to make yourselves feel smart and the NYR vindicated.

Still beating that drum so that you don't have to admit that you were completely overboard? So completely predictable.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

Hey, totally agree. Mcdonagh was actually superb against the Bruins for them imo. He certainly didn't play his best against the caps, but most of their team didn't.

I followed their games cause we have a vested interest in their winning the cup. McDonagh was his usual self most of the time. Probably a little under average, but at a certain point slumps for players that have gotten constantly injured and are getting older are the new norm. I don't think he was terrible at all.

Miller was quite good for them in the regular season and then his typical playoff self.

At the end of the day, they paid pretty fair value for what they got. I just think the meltdown is hilarious. Overreactionary? Of course. I also cherry picked a little because I was aiming for the comments that maximized amusement.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hey, totally agree. Mcdonagh was actually superb against the Bruins for them imo. He certainly didn't play his best against the caps, but most of their team didn't.

I followed their games cause we have a vested interest in their winning the cup. McDonagh was his usual self most of the time. Probably a little under average, but at a certain point slumps for players that have gotten constantly injured and are getting older are the new norm. I don't think he was terrible at all.

Miller was quite good for them in the regular season and then his typical playoff self.

At the end of the day, they paid pretty fair value for what they got. I just think the meltdown is hilarious. Overreactionary? Of course. I also cherry picked a little because I was aiming for the comments that maximized amusement.
Yeah I get it. I thank you for providing that amusement. :D

Reactions: iamitter

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McDonough will NOT be worth his next contract PERIOD

Miller is a dick and playoff waste.

Yet 2 stud prospects a good NHL player in Names a first and a second was a BAD trade according to many on here. No logic
I thought you hated Namestnikov

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

"Big-game" Stamkos has 0 points in, I believe, 6 game 7's with a grand total of 9 shots.

But, yeah, TB fans should pile on Miller of all people.

The truth is the TB was outplayed, outcoached, and the Caps simply wanted it more more often than they did. They were lucky to have won three games.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
"Big-game" Stamkos has 0 points in, I believe, 6 game 7's with a grand total of 9 shots.

But, yeah, TB fans should pile on Miller of all people.

The truth is the TB was outplayed, outcoached, and the Caps simply wanted it more more often than they did. They were lucky to have won three games.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Miller disappeared come playoff time when he was here and didn't exactly turn it around in Tampa. Regarding Stamkos and Tampa being lucky, I don't particularly care about any of that.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Oh, I didn't say he was good. The whole lot of TB forwards were garbage last night but I thought Miller at least played with some passion. Bad decisions, too many one on one moves, too many one too many passes, too many turnovers, forcing plays, etc... 10 minutes without a shot in the third is abysmal and the coach has to take some heat for that too.

Honestly, I felt like I was watching an AV coached game last night.

Reactions: Gresch04

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Going with Vegas in this one.....hoping that Turk gets a day or so with the Cup back here on PEI. Can't wait to say congrats to him when I bump into him on the golf course . Go Vegas Go !!!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Yes but Cooper isn't great either.
Well that is what I mean. How much more? I got on the train of him severely outcoaching AV in 15 but I feel like I saw the same stuff this time here, same setting, just a different team and arena. Not that TB was a dream team, but it just looked eerily similar

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well that is what I mean. How much more? I got on the train of him severely outcoaching AV in 15 but I feel like I saw the same stuff this time here, same setting, just a different team and arena. Not that TB was a dream team, but it just looked eerily similar

He coached circles around AV in 15 so there is that.

I don't know how much of yesterday was his fault. I mean giving Callahan a regular shift throughout the 3rd period down by 3 is AV levels of stupid, but that team was destined to fail. They lack character and maybe some of that is on him, but I put more of that on Yzerman.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad