Who will win the Stanley Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I love how much people hate Miller. How many of your cheerios did he pee in? Mid-first round picks that become 50-60 point players are the worst!

Only reason he’s getting this much flack is because people still equate Miller to a 1-to-1 swap with Names, and are doing the mental gymnastics to justify that trade as a win. Let’s move on folks.

Except, it wasn't a 1-for-1 trade. And Miller is a fine middle-six player. People just don't think he has what it takes to be more than that and his production dspite playing with Kucherov and Stamkos, proves that.

Shout out to J.T. Miller on the 1 assist in the series, surprised he didn't keep up that 22% shooting from the regular season with Tampa.

Even if the trade is Miller for Namestnikov, I absolutely take a 35 point 2-way player for $3M over the 50 point 1-dimensional player for $5M

Those 15 points are not worth the net losses in not having a guy who can do everything, especially at $2M

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Tom Wilson was a HUGE factor in this series. There is a need for a player or two like him. Dirty SOB but he can play. Caps manhandled the Bolts. Physically destroyed them

McDonough trade looks pretty good now

People keep saying "theres no place for a guy like Wilson in the game", yet our team is probably one of the few that doesn't have a Wilson, and we're one of the most boring teams to watch.

So yes, there is room for a guy like that. I hope the Rangers find one

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
People keep saying "theres no place for a guy like Wilson in the game", yet our team is probably one of the few that doesn't have a Wilson, and we're one of the most boring teams to watch.

So yes, there is room for a guy like that. I hope the Rangers find one
He’s also a top 9 forward. Look at his assist last night. That’s not a scrub play. That’s smarts and vision.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
  • My interesting thoughts
1. I simply cannot wrap my head around rooting for an expansion team to win a Cup in their 1st year, when we have won only ONE in an astronomical 78 years!
2. Do I really want to see a toothless Ovie hoisting Lord Stanley?
3. I suppose better than watching Fleury hoisting it yet again.
4. Washington has no "ex-Rangers".
5. If the Caps win, they naturally will be less motivated come next year and most likely broken up a bit, which will be better for the Rangers. Lol.

I'm going for Washington. We are in dire need of someone being a winner in our Nations Capital.

Especially agreed with point #1. f*** Vegas, i'm sick of their shit, and f*** florida for handing them 135 points between 2 players this past season.

Reactions: Rongomania

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He’s also a top 9 forward. Look at his assist last night. That’s not a scrub play. That’s smarts and vision.

Yes, exactly my point. He's not a Tanner Glass 4th line plug. Your energy guys cannot just be 4th line plugs, that's not how life works.

That excitement, that passion, it has to be throughout your lineup. Guys that want to win and SHOW that they want to win--ala extroverted people

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I know we're not supposed to talk about other forums on here, but the post-mortem thread on the TBL board is essentially a post about the Rangers.

If the Lightning fire Cooper and hire AV, I will honestly die laughing.
Gorton looking great again. Tired of hearing how Yzerman is some hockey genius. JT was getting sooo overrated after that trade.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Even if the trade is Miller for Namestnikov, I absolutely take a 35 point 2-way player for $3M over the 50 point 1-dimensional player for $5M

Those 15 points are not worth the net losses in not having a guy who can do everything, especially at $2M
Not convinced of this at all. His numbers were just as inflated playing with Stamkos and Kucherov as Miller's were. He played at a 17 point pace with us. Miller has his flaws but Namestnikov hasn't impressed me so far. I would use him as a trade chip to move up in the draft.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

GET ‘EM !

Awesome trade, I will stick by that one forever, gave us twice as many options for the future.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Yes, exactly my point. He's not a Tanner Glass 4th line plug. Your energy guys cannot just be 4th line plugs, that's not how life works.

That excitement, that passion, it has to be throughout your lineup. Guys that want to win and SHOW that they want to win--ala extroverted people
I wouldn’t necessarily say extrovert matters you can be quite and still give it 120% and grind and do the dirty work.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I've said the comparison before but I see Lars Eller in Namestnikov.

Miller is kind of like JVR. A guy whose good around the net and can produce on the PP and with the right linemates but not someone who can drive a line. Miller contributed, 26 points in 36 games with the lightning is pretty good. As for the playoffs, Stamkos and Kucherov did nothing at ES in the series even without Miller.

Reactions: TheTakedown

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Around the HFBoards:
Miller can go, trade his rights, RFA. Enough with this Rangers south crap. Trade McDonough too.
Miller can pack his bags and go. I wasn't elated to get him to begin with and was even more against bringing him back if it meant a big pay day. No way in hell this guy is worth $5 million after this. Nuh uh.
Now I know why the Rangers could never get over the hump, it wasn't Lundqvist after all. It was the collection of garbage that is Callahan, McDonagh, Stralman, Girardi, Miller and even Boyle. Yzerman needs to stop shopping in a trash heap and get some quality in. You can imagine how bad their defense was if this broken McDonagh was logging in all the heavy minutes?
I think Yzerman's gonna use Miller to recoup some picks. I just hope scouts weren't watching Rounds 2 and 3 too closely.
It was plain as day to see how bad McDonagh was. Braydon Coburn had a better postseason than Ryan McDonagh. I'm glad his contract is up after the following season.
Mcdonagh looked lost in every game. Over payed and overrated.
Start shedding salary by letting go of players like Miller
I was thoroughly unimpressed by McDonagh and as of this particular moment do not want him back,
I'm pretty sure Miller is gone. Just didn't do nearly enough.
McDonagh was probably our worst defenseman this postseason. He was puck watching and making bad decision after bad decision.
Miller was a complete non factor after lighting the lamp regularly post trade. McDonagh looked alright in round 2. Then it went downhill for him.
McDonagh was probably our worst defenseman. He was incredibly slow and looked lost when heading into a corner.
Miller was likely our worst player.
Miller looked like he was made of glass and skating on thin ice. He looked afraid to even do anything all series.
We had Ryan ****ING McDonagh on our 2nd pair and I think Sustr could've handled his shifts better at times.

**** the first round pick :laugh: This is pure gold.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Around the HFBoards:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-b-howden-l-hajek-2018-1st-c-1st-2nd.2455691/

Now compare with comments here.

giphy.gif

Nothing personal, but i hope the kid they take with their 2019 1st flops. I don't want them to win, I don't want their pick.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd give TB fans the benefit of a few more days to cool down after getting eliminated, but I can't say I'm surprised by those comments regarding some of the former Rangers.

But they were outshot by something like 50 shots for the series and their goalie didn't come close to posting a save percentage close to Holtby's .919. From that perspective I'm surprised it even went 7 games.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

That assumes Namestnikov can. Didn't play at a 35 pt pace with the NYR. Huge stretch right now.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Miller had 7 points in 10 games in the first two rounds. Not exactly nothing.

Miller's career 13.9 S % (that has been supposedly regressing to some mystery mean for...forever) is roughly 11th among active players.

But sure, bury whatever you want to make yourselves feel smart and the NYR vindicated.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Around the HFBoards:

I think some of the stuff about McDonagh is overblown. However the comment about him not being worth his next contract, I think that's the key problem with him. He'll get paid based on what he has done and what a lot of people still perceive him to be, and in a couple years the contract will be an anchor.

Miller, not terribly surprised to read any of that. I generally liked Miller, but he was not a big-game performer.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller had 7 points in 10 games in the first two rounds. Not exactly nothing.

Miller's career 13.9 S % (that has been supposedly regressing to some mystery mean for...forever) is roughly 11th among active players.

But sure, bury whatever you want to make yourselves feel smart and the NYR vindicated.
What is there to vindicate? The Rangers made a pretty solid deal. That Tampa Bay didn't get great results from the guys we gave them when it mattered most doesn't change anything, it just provides for amusement. Nothing needs vindicating here. I think the people seeking vindication were those handful of posters saying we got fleeced. It could still prove to be true, but it wasn't borne out in this postseason.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I wouldn’t necessarily say extrovert matters you can be quite and still give it 120% and grind and do the dirty work.

I'm not saying they can't, was moreso referencing the fact that the Rangers seemed to have none of them for the last 3 yuears

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I've said the comparison before but I see Lars Eller in Namestnikov.

Miller is kind of like JVR. A guy whose good around the net and can produce on the PP and with the right linemates but not someone who can drive a line. Miller contributed, 26 points in 36 games with the lightning is pretty good. As for the playoffs, Stamkos and Kucherov did nothing at ES in the series even without Miller.

It's ironic that this is what used to be the Caps issue. They had a monstrous power play but that was it--a 1 trick pony.

Stamkos was literally invisible other than his PP presence

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
That assumes Namestnikov can. Didn't play at a 35 pt pace with the NYR. Huge stretch right now.

Also came to one of the worst teams in the league, after playing on one of the best, and moving to new york city. Huge adjustment, it takes more than a couple of months and 15-20 games to properly evaluate someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad