Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Two forwards signed and looking at their projected lineup it still feels like every forward after Tarasenko is pegged too high than where they should be on a contender.

Adding RAR makes a big difference to how I felt prior to his signing. They need to address their situation in goal first before moving them to the league’s top tier.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lou needs to hang them up...he's an old school GM that's been passed by. Even Sather, who I think was a more flexible GM (I won't make any comments on whether he was a better GM...) pulled back from GMing and lets the next guy do the grunt work now. The end of his tenure in NJ was a mess, in Toronto he had Shanahan with the direction and vision instead, and now he's in LI signing incredibly shitty grinders and throwing a fit that Tavares wanted to play elsewhere.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Can't help but feel ROR would've been a good fit for the Islanders, sliding in behind Barzal.

Not that I'm the habit of lamenting the Islanders not getting players who could've helped them.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Lou needs to hang them up...he's an old school GM that's been passed by. Even Sather, who I think was a more flexible GM (I won't make any comments on whether he was a better GM...) pulled back from GMing and lets the next guy do the grunt work now. The end of his tenure in NJ was a mess, in Toronto he had Shanahan with the direction and vision instead, and now he's in LI signing incredibly ****ty grinders and throwing a fit that Tavares wanted to play elsewhere.

Sather was garbage BEFORE we got him, that goes back a long way, Lou has earned his time in this league and will continue as long as he wants to, that's what happens when you win a lot of cups.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Sather was garbage BEFORE we got him, that goes back a long way, Lou has earned his time in this league and will continue as long as he wants to, that's what happens when you win a lot of cups.

What a weird post that quotes me but doesn't really respond to anything I said

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Can't help but feel ROR would've been a good fit for the Islanders, sliding in behind Barzal.

Not that I'm the habit of lamenting the Islanders not getting players who could've helped them.
I know it will never happen but I'd call Lou ASAP if I'm the Rangers and look to swing a deal for futures.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

NMCs have nothing to do with buyouts.

Also, if that contract was as front loaded as it could possibly be and they bought it out in year 5, Doughty would lose around $7m in comparison to how it’s structured now. Not $15m. $15m is what he would lose based on how it’s structured now, not what he would lose in comparison to another structure.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
NMCs have nothing to do with buyouts.

Also, if that contract was as front loaded as it could possibly be and they bought it out in year 5, Doughty would lose around $7m in comparison to how it’s structured now. Not $15m. $15m is what he would lose based on how it’s structured now, not what he would lose in comparison to another structure.

no clue what that tweet is talking about...there is no buyout protection in the final years because there is no signing bonus, just straight salary so they buyout would be 2/3 of what is owed. has nothing to do with NMC....

and I also have no clue what it has to do with fancy stats...does he think because there is a 3 in there it makes it an advanced stat? lol

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad