Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Karlsson and Hoffman drama reminds me of something in Ranger land back in the day.

The worst Ranger trade of all-time had to do with a significant other of a player. Can't get into the details, but it forced a trade within days.

Rangers got fleeced hardcore.

Yeah, its stinks so bad lol.

And there are -- obviously -- so many layers to this. I am a huge Karlsson fan and have always loved him, and it doesn't necessarily have to include him that much, but I still want to point out what nobody else dears to say and that is that it takes two to tango. One nut case don't create this mess alone. What do I know, maybe Hoffaman's GF is a complete maniac and decided to go to extreme lengths to cyber terrorize Melinda Karlsson, who knows. Don't think its extremely likely that she does it for zero reasons though. Needless to say there is not even remotely an "excuse" for her to write what she have written or do anything of it, but just saying that it takes two to tango. Further, there are -- zero reason -- whatsoever to go to court with this, other than to destroy Hoffman and or his girl friend. What the f***. You have passed the threshold for what should be dealt in-house by like a zillion miles lol.

I don't even think both Hoffaman and his GF being complete nuts alone creates this mess either, it takes more than those two...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
https://nypost.com/2018/06/13/nhl-wives-teammates-fiancees-alleged-harassment-took-scary-turn/

It wasn’t just the Karlssons who noticed the frightening situation.
On Tuesday, Kodette LaBarbera, wife of former goaltender Jason LaBarbera, tweeted: “Her fixation with Mel has always been unhealthy. Then it became scary. So glad Mel is protecting herself. No team will welcome this girl to the room.”

Julie Turris, wife of former Senators forward Kyle Turris, defended her friend as well.
“This crossed the line from cyber bullying to something entirely different in April,” she wrote on Twitter. “Unfortunate that this private matter has become public. Incredibly proud of my girl for standing up for herself and her family, it took courage.”
Added Marlee Hammond, the wife of former Ottawa goalie Andrew Hammond: “oh man if you only knew how unsurprising this actually is. horrible just horrible. and the worst part of all of this is how @MelindaCurrey just wanted to keep this private because she’s THAT nice of a person even when a person can be this cruel to her.”

This was just posted an hour ago.

Hoffman's value just went WAY down the toilet.... The entire team appears to be not shocked at all, and apparently this girl Monika is a real bitch...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, the only reason to state something else is if you want to ambush someone trying to look good saying political correct things that are easy to interpret.

Karlsson just requested a trade. There are more layers to this. Nobody is so dumb that they are blaming Melinda K for someone going psychopath on her like you and Edge are trying to do.

But some of the layers:
-Why has this not been dealt internally?

-Why is that girl still Hoffman's girl friend?

-Has EK been in contact with the Sens brass and how have they tried to solve it? Or have they dropped the ball forcing EK and MK to act?

And so forth and so forth.

The NHL is involved and have launched an investigation of this matter (Erik Karlsson's wife files protection order against teammate Mike Hoffman's girlfriend | CBC Sports). Its a PR nightmare.

There will be ripple effects and it will expand beyond the g/f. For example, how can you expect Hoffman and Karlsson to co-exist in the same lockerroom after this? Hoffman was obviously blindsided by this. I would bet that the Karlsson are far from friends with Hoffman. EK's wife just delivered a huge blow to the franchise her husband is captain of. Its not her fault that she was exposed to this, but the decision to go public with it isn't a given. Was Ottawa given an opportunity to act and if they didn't, why the heck didn't they solve it? If they weren't, what does that tell you about the relationship between EK and Ottawa.

If this was only about a pyshopat g/f the story could be dead by now. But I just doubt that, I don't think it stops there. I would be very surprised if EK and Hoffman can be on the same team next season. And so forth. But I guess we will see.

I definitely think this could have an impact on the likeliness of Hoffman and or Erik Karlsson playing for the Sens next season. I think it could have an impact on the different pieces trade value. And so forth.

The animosity is bound to spread outside g/f and MK.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don’t think you understand the situation, whatever bullying went on — it’s not like there is any bets to hedge. You would have to be brain dead to think that it was called for. That is what it is.

But right now there is something else that is going on, and that is a — mega big — news story that is not good for anyone, at all. And it will not stop anytime soon, it will probably keep going on and off for years.

There is no direct link between one g/f of a hockey player acting like a psychopath and it becoming a mega big news story and the issues being sorted out in public display. This news story is not good for any individual, it is not good at all for Ottawa Senators, it is not good for the NHL and it’s not good for hockey, it is in fact a PR nightmare.

This is the mess we have ended up with, and in this context you have someone who have acted like a psychopath but that alone should not have been enough to create this extreme mess. And it’s an extreme mess, its like headline news on CNN sports international, could like be the biggest ‘hockey story’ in a decade...

If you think this is about victim blaming you are just not grasping the situation. Poll 31 NHL GMs and ask if they think this was handled in an optimal way, you tell me, how many do you think would say yeah it was text book?

I call bullshit

If this, as had been reported, been going on for a year, the Senators and the NHL knew full well about it.

The fact that it became public tells me that the team and league could not do enough on their own that the PROPER authorities were brought in.

And rightfully so.

in this situation, I say with complete comfortability

SCREW THE SENATORS

SCREW THE NHL.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I call bull****

If this, as had been reported, been going on for a year, the Senators and the NHL knew full well about it.

The fact that it became public tells me that the team and league could not do enough on their own that the PROPER authorities were brought in.

And rightfully so.

in this situation, I say with complete comfortability

SCREW THE SENATORS

SCREW THE NHL.
I obviously missed something. Would someone please clue me in?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I obviously missed something. Would someone please clue me in?
Train wreck.
UPDATED: Team officials and Hoffman knew about harassment allegations for weeks, agent says

ZdoiSACbYLGUw46biIvWPw8VQlfunVMeAYx8soly4NQ.jpg

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yeah, its stinks so bad lol.

And there are -- obviously -- so many layers to this. I am a huge Karlsson fan and have always loved him, and it doesn't necessarily have to include him that much, but I still want to point out what nobody else dears to say and that is that it takes two to tango. One nut case don't create this mess alone. What do I know, maybe Hoffaman's GF is a complete maniac and decided to go to extreme lengths to cyber terrorize Melinda Karlsson, who knows. Don't think its extremely likely that she does it for zero reasons though. Needless to say there is not even remotely an "excuse" for her to write what she have written or do anything of it, but just saying that it takes two to tango. Further, there are -- zero reason -- whatsoever to go to court with this, other than to destroy Hoffman and or his girl friend. What the ****. You have passed the threshold for what should be dealt in-house by like a zillion miles lol.

I don't even think both Hoffaman and his GF being complete nuts alone creates this mess either, it takes more than those two...

I think I know what you're referencing. It was a playoff game, maybe game 7 4, and they panned to Reimer's girlfriend or whatever she was at the time wife and it looked like she was glaring at Cuthbert because Phaneuf did something stupid. But I think they cleared it up that she was glaring at a random fan in the stands who said some **** about Reimer.

This?

fDwow07.gif
Women are catty beyotches. I know this because I am one. I can't stand most other women and just tolerate them because I have to. If they happen to be jealous of you for some unknown reason, look out. They will scheme and plot against you and strike when you least expect it. Hoffman's gf sounds like one of those women.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I voted on Caps, but what a run by Vegas in their first NHL season! :)
I believe it will be difficult for them to follow that up that table position next season, and overall great playoffs performance.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Who ends up coaching the Islanders? Part of me hopes for AV, but he'd probably go there and win 3 cups back to back to back.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Who ends up coaching the Islanders? Part of me hopes for AV, but he'd probably go there and win 3 cups back to back to back.

No way... if AV coaches that team, their goals against will go up like 30% from last year just because of the lack of defensive structure.

But they'll still continue to score 4-6 goals/game

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If AV goes to the Island, and JT stays, they probably score like crazy and make a couple deep runs the first few years, before he's able to remake the team in his mold, after which everything goes to shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad