Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I wonder if @I Eat Crow has explained to his newborn the cutthroat nature of the business world.
I sometimes get him his pacifier to suck on around the time that he's supposed to eat. When he's expecting food, I put that in just to get him used to the disappointment that the New York Rangers are bound to put him through.

Kidding of course. But as he gets older I sure will be warning him of what's to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ail

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
How can you have any semblance of a healthy dressing room when one player's girlfriend is harassing another player's wife like that? Messed up season for Ottawa last year.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's very telling that a lot of the other wives and girlfriends are coming to the defense of Karlsson. There was some serious shit here.

That organization as a whole is... well, something, right now.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's very telling that a lot of the other wives and girlfriends are coming to the defense of Karlsson. There was some serious **** here.

Also note the first time some serious concerns about character have surfaced in that organization. This time it happened to become public though.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
How on earth is Hoffman still with that girl? Also, how hasn't Karlsson beat the living hell out of him?

As a new father to a six week old, this makes me sick to my stomach.
Congratulations!!

Hoffman's girlfriend is a total wack job. I remember back in March when their baby died, EK's Twitter page had these horrible posts accusing EK's wife, Melinda, of popping pills and really wacky stuff, saying she deserved what happened to them and all. Not a member of the human race. Hoffman must be off too if he's still with her. She also wished for EK's legs to be taken out during a game to end his career. Looney Toon stuff there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I hope for Hoffman's sake that hes right and his Fiancee wasn't behind this and this is just some mix up and the work of some pathetic internet troll...

But with all of these other people coming out in defense of the Karlssons, that seems rather unlikely.

Maybe for the next expansion team, the NHLPA can vote on the worst character guy on every team, and then send them all to Seattle. :sarcasm:

How about we just send the Devils to Seattle instead.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Wasn’t there some kind of situation with James Reimer’s partner and other wives/girlfriends a few years back when they were in Toronto? It may have even been Elisha Cuthbert, when Phaneuf was still there.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Wasn’t there some kind of situation with James Reimer’s partner and other wives/girlfriends a few years back when they were in Toronto? It may have even been Elisha Cuthbert, when Phaneuf was still there.
I think I know what you're referencing. It was a playoff game, maybe game 7 4, and they panned to Reimer's girlfriend or whatever she was at the time wife and it looked like she was glaring at Cuthbert because Phaneuf did something stupid. But I think they cleared it up that she was glaring at a random fan in the stands who said some shit about Reimer.

This?

fDwow07.gif

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think I know what you're referencing. It was a playoff game, maybe game 7 4, and they panned to Reimer's girlfriend or whatever she was at the time wife and it looked like she was glaring at Cuthbert because Phaneuf did something stupid. But I think they cleared it up that she was glaring at a random fan in the stands who said some **** about Reimer.

This?

fDwow07.gif

Was that the Game 7 when Boston came back from being down 4-1 with less than 10 minutes left? I think that’s it.

Reactions: TheTakedown

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Speaks a lot about Hoffman and his gf. If I had a girlfriend that did that I'd dump her as soon as I heard about it.

They definitely need to ship him out. It'll be hard for any locker room to trust him though.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Speaks a lot about Hoffman and his gf. If I had a girlfriend that did that I'd dump her as soon as I heard about it.

They definitely need to ship him out. It'll be hard for any locker room to trust him though.
It easy to say that sitting where you are. It is another thing entirely to be Mike Hoffman and just dump her. Love can make people do strange things.

One thing is for sure, Mike Hoffman's value has taken a massive hit.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's very telling that a lot of the other wives and girlfriends are coming to the defense of Karlsson. There was some serious **** here.

Yeah lets not forget the Asst. GM getting arrested a couple weeks ago...

Bad news bears, Melnyk needs to sell that team. They need a culture change. When does the NHL step in and say something?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It easy to say that sitting where you are. It is another thing entirely to be Mike Hoffman and just dump her. Love can make people do strange things.

One thing is for sure, Mike Hoffman's value has taken a massive hit.

Hoffman has been dating her for TEN years, so yeah, he can't just turn around and dump her.

I'll tell you what, I just found some pics of this girl Monika... She looks absolutely nuts.

Monika Caryk: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Reactions: PraX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad