Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
San Jose and Vegas have so much more fight in them than Nashville. It's sad, I kept thinking there's no way our guys would make sacrifices like these players are making.

I don't know- San Jose was completely and absolutely dominated in that game. They were extremely lucky to win that game.

It felt very similar to our Game 3 win in Dallas

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Surely, you jest. Leagues always do better as a whole when their classic franchises are doing well. Benefits all, no?

Besides, we've suffered enough with the reign of incompetence for the last decade, it's nice to finally have a glimmer of hope on the horizon. ;)
Maybe financially, which I honestly couldn't care less about. From an entertainment standpoint, I want to see some variety. If you replace teams like Columbus, NYI, Carolina, Dallas, Colorado this playoffs with NYR, Detroit, Montreal, Chicago, Philly, etc..., I'm probably no longer watching. That's not a knock on Detroit specifically, they're a different team than they were so it would be nice for them to make an appearance now, but I don't think the league is BETTER with them doing well. Mix it up and let's see a lot of teams take a run. Except the Cardinals...and the Lakers...f*** them (reserve the right to expand this list as I remember all the other franchises I loathe).

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Maybe financially, which I honestly couldn't care less about. From an entertainment standpoint, I want to see some variety. If you replace teams like Columbus, NYI, Carolina, Dallas, Colorado this playoffs with NYR, Detroit, Montreal, Chicago, Philly, etc..., I'm probably no longer watching. That's not a knock on Detroit specifically, they're a different team than they were so it would be nice for them to make an appearance now, but I don't think the league is BETTER with them doing well. Mix it up and let's see a lot of teams take a run. Except the Cardinals...and the Lakers...**** them (reserve the right to expand this list as I remember all the other franchises I loathe).
That's a fair point, indeed.

Thankfully in that regard I suppose, those teams have helped other teams come to the forefront for continued exposure for several years, as they've been either in a rebuilding stage or somewhere in between for the time being.

Although I would say it is a good thing because it's almost a back & forth kind of thing that occurs over the years, various teams move up, move down, stay up, stay down, etc., and it adds that sense of variety to the game, which of course, is always needed from time to time. But to me, it still is nice to see the staple teams all doing well or at least on their way up together.

For example, say in the East one year, the final 4 teams are Toronto, Detroit, NY Rangers, & the Canadiens, how much the league & certain fans would love to see that come to fruition again in the league, if only for a season. For me though, I'll settle for not having incompetence run our organization, and with the Captain coming home, hopefully we'll have that once again.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The hubris from some of the Blues fans is laughable....
I'm trying to figure out if they are worse than Jets fans last season. I think the answer is yes in that at least you could say Jets fans had never really been in that position before of being a Cup favorite. I'm finding Dallas fans pretty easy going aside from a few posts from the Heiskanen super fan and that Russian guy that is crusading for Radulov's honor. Debating whether just to put any poster identifying as a Blues fan on Ignore at this point.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, put me into the Avs' bandwagon if the Preds go out here in round 1.

ill jump on dallas' bandwagon.

Ill be back for the draft.... only time i actually bandwagoned was when Chicago got Kimmo a Cup

damn forgot about trotzy! islanders too then

If y'all are interested, I can get folks priority seats on the Jackets bandwagon. :thumbu:

It's just frustrating. Someday, I swear, I will see a year in which both of my teams do well. Someday. It's not yet impossible for this to be that year - the Preds could still hypothetically pull it off - but it's looking less and less likely. :(

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If y'all are interested, I can get folks priority seats on the Jackets bandwagon. :thumbu:

It's just frustrating. Someday, I swear, I will see a year in which both of my teams do well. Someday. It's not yet impossible for this to be that year - the Preds could still hypothetically pull it off - but it's looking less and less likely. :(

Rooting Columbus in the East for sure but my main focus will still be on the West :).

Reactions: Viqsi

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

I watched every game of their 1st round and Columbus was so impressive fighting back from that nightmare start to the series. Playing like that they can beat anybody.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Columbus, Isles, Dallas, Avs in no particular order

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The final 4 remaining teams in the west will include the 3, 4 and 5 seeds from the Central.

People can say our division was down this year but I say it was just so stacked no one could pull away.

Jul 12, 2007
If the canes & knights can win, this will be the best post season in forever. Takes the sting out of the Preds losing, if you can root for COL, NYI, NC, LV, TOR. Not sure that I ever could root for the Avs, I actually like the Flames better. Don't like DAL, STL, or BOS either way.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If the canes & knights can win, this will be the best post season in forever. Takes the sting out of the Preds losing, if you can root for COL, NYI, NC, LV, TOR. Not sure that I ever could root for the Avs, I actually like the Flames better. Don't like DAL, STL, or BOS either way.

If the Canes and Knights win tonight, that means that EIGHT of the top ten teams in the league are out in round 1.

8 OUT OF 10!!!!!!!!

That would be one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in any sport.

And I agree- it may be stupid but it definitely helps me feel better about the Preds knowing that it isn't just us- 7 other top 10 teams were no better than we were.......

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If the Canes and Knights win tonight, that means that EIGHT of the top ten teams in the league are out in round 1.

8 OUT OF 10!!!!!!!!

That would be one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in any sport.

And I agree- it may be stupid but it definitely helps me feel better about the Preds knowing that it isn't just us- 7 other top 10 teams were no better than we were.......
and to be positive, our draft position will go up since teams with lower point totals will reach conference finals

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

What f***ing Preds fan in their right mind would call this "the best postseason in forever"??

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Spent all of that money on Tavares only to end up exactly the same, gotta love it. This is going to continue to be an annual thing if they don't spend some money on some decent Dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad