Around the NHL: 2018-2019 Off-Season Thread, Stupid Money Season Meets the Doldrums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
No one was willing to give him more than that?!

He's average 10 goals/82 games over the last two seasons. He demanded a trade out of Arizona. Then Chicago wouldn't even give him a qualifying offer. This is after his teammates in junior had issues with him.

He has more documented issues than the excised "cancers" Lehner and ROR, combined.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think Montreal has a more realistic chance of being a contending team in the next five years if they traded Price this offseason. Even if they retained a million or so to get a quality return.

Their roster is destitute and the only way out relies on winning the Hughes lottery and/or Kotakanemi or however it’s spelled becoming a beast.

Ugly

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I think Montreal has a more realistic chance of being a contending team in the next five years if they traded Price this offseason. Even if they retained a million or so to get a quality return.

Their roster is destitute and the only way out relies on winning the Hughes lottery and/or Kotakanemi or however it’s spelled becoming a beast.

Ugly
I can't see any team taking on that contract for the next 7 years.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I wonder if we could get into this Karlsson situation with Bobby Ryan? Maybe include Okposo or Bogosian and get a pick or decent prospect to make up the difference.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if we could get into this Karlsson situation with Bobby Ryan? Maybe include Okposo or Bogosian and get a pick or decent prospect to make up the difference.

We will just get him next season when hes a UFA. Karlsson will want to come play for mini Sweden just like Tavares did going back home this offseason. :laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Matt Moulson's contract would actually be very attractive to Ottawa. We should get in on this.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The Sens are above the floor even without Karlsson after Stone and Ceci get their new deals.
It's assumed they're trading Ryan with the possibility of trading Anderson and Duchene sometime during the season.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Honestly, does anyone care that our rebuild is going to be a little longer? There is zero chance we are beating the Bolts or Leafs who are in our division the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Dahlin 2 Eichel

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I was really hoping 5 years ago that we'd be one of the juggernauts of this division.

Tampa - Toronto is going to be a heavyweight match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->