Around The NHL 2018-2019 Edition: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Holy crap, Ryan Kesler is so bad now. I was just randomly curious so I looked up how he was doing in Anaheim this year. 6 points in 47 games.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
IMG-20190215-WA0000.jpg

Derp

Reactions: Heaton

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Say Anaheim ownership decided Kesler needed to be gone as his level of play is vastly less than the level of his salary

Would any of you consider taking him on at full pop, assuming the sweeteners added by Anaheim were worthwhile?

Like Kesler + Steel/ Comtois + Anaheim 2nd 2019

For Detroit 5th 2019 + future considerations

Not saying Anaheim would be motivated to do it or that the value is necessarily correct, just interested to hear from the rest of you about weaponizing our cap space

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Say Anaheim ownership decided Kesler needed to be gone as his level of play is vastly less than the level of his salary

Would any of you consider taking him on at full pop, assuming the sweeteners added by Anaheim were worthwhile?

Like Kesler + Steel/ Comtois + Anaheim 2nd 2019

For Detroit 5th 2019 + future considerations

Not saying Anaheim would be motivated to do it or that the value is necessarily correct, just interested to hear from the rest of you about weaponizing our cap space

I think that is too much cap to take on. Although maybe it would take some pressure off of Abby!:laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Marner's pre-game ritual of gifting something to kids in the rink is fantastic.

I really hate how much I like both Matthews and Marner, disaster that they lead the Leafs as a long-time Wings fan that just cannot stand that team. But man those two get it both on and off the ice at a very young age.

Reactions: Ezekial

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's shocking he's even playing with the injuries he's dealt with.

Rumor has it, Kesler can barely walk off ice right now. He came back too early from that injury. I hope he is alright, but he is a case of a guy I worry about long-term with what we are hearing leaked about just how physically battered he is.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Watching the Winnipeg game and I kinda want Tyler Myers if we can get him on a reasonable deal...

Don’t @ me

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Tampa is the best team in the league but they still have Girardi on their top pair. They really should do something about that
Honestly they have the internal pieces to address it. They could put either Stralman or Sergachev with Hedmen and be noticeably better immediately. Unfortunately, they're under the delusion that Girardi is still a capable hockey player.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I’d do 3 years 5 mil per season for Myers and not feel bad about it.
He makes $5.5 now :laugh:

I like him as a player, but I'm curious as to what his price tag would be. It's a pretty stand-offish curiosity, though, I think it's too high.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
He makes $5.5 now :laugh:

I like him as a player, but I'm curious as to what his price tag would be. It's a pretty stand-offish curiosity, though, I think it's too high.
How many games has he played since he signed that contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad