Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I just feel bad for McDavid, I really do. If he doesn't score, the other team folds as well.

The Avs made the playoffs with one stacked line, I don't know why the Oilers don't do the same. Just stack the top line with Draisaitl,97 and RNH. Might as well try to do the Avs are doing.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I know it's still October, but the Central division is already looking tough.

6 of the 7 Central Division teams played Saturday. All 6 teams won.

The fifth place team, Minnesota, would be in first or second place in every other division.

Yep, with the Avs not slowing down from last year, and the Hawks seemingly having a bounce back, it's hard to see any of the teams dropping out of the playoffs, let alone at least two. Gotta believe that the Hawks' depth will catch up to them and teams will find a way to shut the Avs' top line down.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
My hate for Chicago is pretty much tied to the fans. Not the ones that you can tell are obviously old time fans. I'm talking about the young(ish) fans who are in Nashville on a Thursday night, drunk, and standing outside of Bridgestone yelling at every passerby "Go Blackhawks!!!". Why does it seem like they are the only fan base that does this?

Oh, and the Preds were playing the Jets...

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Blackhawks allow 4 goals to a team that had scored 3 in their previous 5 games combined. What a great week.
Bro... you like Plini?
About the Blackhawks though.. ward hasn’t been abysmal but he hasn’t been good at all. If Crawford were healthy I think the hawks would be out for blood this year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Central being as tough as it is, I just can't see the Hawks making it. Maybe in a 1-8 system, but in this new system (which is pure garbage) I don't think they make it.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The Avs are 100% legit, definitely makes me feel better after the struggle we had last year with them.

It just baffles my mind, they are completely a one-line team yet they still beat teams left and right. They don't have anything outside of the top line.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, nice to see the Jets pull out the victory. The Blues tried to turtle after the first period with the lead - didn't work. Yeo's gameplan is still ancient even with all the offensive weapons they have.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It just baffles my mind, they are completely a one-line team yet they still beat teams left and right. They don't have anything outside of the top line.

Sorry to barge in, but I just had to do it.

Sure we have nothing apart from the 1st line, I mean other than a good 3rd line, good 4th line, very good defensive corps, and a pretty damn good goaltending tandem. Our weakness is the 2nd line that is crap, the rest of the team is set.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sorry to barge in, but I just had to do it.

Sure we have nothing apart from the 1st line, I mean other than a good 3rd line, good 4th line, very good defensive corps, and a pretty damn good goaltending tandem. Our weakness is the 2nd line that is crap, the rest of the team is set.

Yeah, it's not like you have the worst team in the league outside of your top line but 5-on-5 you have 8 goals outside of your top line in 9 games. It'll be interesting to see what happens when (if) the top line ever cools down.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My hate for Chicago is pretty much tied to the fans. Not the ones that you can tell are obviously old time fans. I'm talking about the young(ish) fans who are in Nashville on a Thursday night, drunk, and standing outside of Bridgestone yelling at every passerby "Go Blackhawks!!!". Why does it seem like they are the only fan base that does this?

Oh, and the Preds were playing the Jets...
That's kinda my thing. I'm okay with partying and having a good time, there's just sort of this instinctive lack of control that comes with being a Hawks fan. There are tons of reasonable ones, but the stupid ones just take it over the top. I grew up a Hawks fan thanks to my dad (who converted to the Preds day 1) so until my teenage years that was my team. I don't hate them but I understand how people do. They're sort of in the Detroit category for me. I notice through the years that a lot of our fans "hate" (or hated) them and it originally came from a combination of their fans and their dominance. I don't really like to play the game of hating teams because they're always beating mine. Sure it's kinda funny to think of Chicago and Detroit as barely relevant at this point (or in the case of the Wings, irrelevant) but even when they come back and get back to normal I don't think I'll hate either one. The fans on the other hand, we'll see.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA

Their defense and goalie are pretty underrated in my opinion. In a way they do sort of remind me of the Bruins, but yes they do need depth. We don't want that team getting a 2c and depth.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Not enough depth to be considered legit yet. Essentially the same team as last year. Helluva start though.

I agree with you there. Their year so far reminds me of when everything clicked for the Preds in the 2017 playoffs, essentially the same thing happened to them and they're building off of that playoff series because they know now they're pretty good.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Not enough depth to be considered legit yet. Essentially the same team as last year. Helluva start though.

ehhhhh I'm not sure I agree with you there.

Yes, they have an extremely deadly first line (probably the best or second best in the NHL) but they have some very solid contributors elsewhere. Jost, Kerfoot and Compher (currently injured) are young guns that put up decent numbers last year and should put up around 40+ points this year. Soderberg is a solid vet in his own right.

I would take Nashville's and Winnipeg's depth over theirs for sure, but looking around the central, on paper St. Louis may be the only other team deeper. Dallas, Chicago and Minnesota you could argue are comparable.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
ehhhhh I'm not sure I agree with you there.

Yes, they have an extremely deadly first line (probably the best or second best in the NHL) but they have some very solid contributors elsewhere. Jost, Kerfoot and Compher (currently injured) are young guns that put up decent numbers last year and should put up around 40+ points this year. Soderberg is a solid vet in his own right.

I would take Nashville's and Winnipeg's depth over theirs for sure, but looking around the central, on paper St. Louis may be the only other team deeper. Dallas, Chicago and Minnesota you could argue are comparable.

Don't take back what I said. It's still the same team as last year plus adding Cole on D. Jost isn't a difference maker at this point. After the top line they have to rely on Kerfoot, Soderberg, Wilson, Compher, Nieto, Andrighetto, Nieto, Calvert. Not scared of them to say the least. The first line is on a historic pace right now. They will cool down.

The defense is improving but not good enough to overcome the lack of depth at F.

I see them as a bubble team again. If Girard and Makar pan out as first pair guys and they fix the quality of their depth after the first line then and only then will they be cup contenders.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Don't take back what I said. It's still the same team as last year plus adding Cole on D. Jost isn't a difference maker at this point. After the top line they have to rely on Kerfoot, Soderberg, Wilson, Compher, Nieto, Andrighetto, Nieto, Calvert. Not scared of them to say the least. The first line is on a historic pace right now. They will cool down.

The defense is improving but not good enough to overcome the lack of depth at F.

I see them as a bubble team again. If Girard and Makar pan out as first pair guys and they fix the quality of their depth after the first line then and only then will they be cup contenders.

This. And also I think they have a decent tandem in goal but neither of them are high-end 1G's in this league. They are a solid team with an underdog mentality that will get to some point. They have the pieces to put together a cup contender, though.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
McDavid played over 28 minutes last night. That's insanely high for a forward. Most of the top defensemen don't play that much.

And they still lost in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad