Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
No GDT yet so will mention here this Binnington kid in goal.for the Blues has been en fuego.

Blues have the potential to be a real threat if they get consistent goaltending. Allen has been their Achilles heel for the last two years.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Thinking about possibly having to go through the Jets in round 2 and SJ in round 3 is frightening. That's a tall task.

For me you just have to get there and just take your chances.

For all our issues, the Jets have not been any better than we have this year.

And the Sharks are on a roll right now and are definitely one of the Cup favorites, but none of that means anything once playoffs start.

Last year everyone around the league was looking at the Preds as that team that would be almost impossible to beat- and we all know how that worked out....

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The Jets and Sharks can outscore their problems. That's where my fear comes into play. The Preds margin of error is much thinner. Of course I'll take my chances! I don't think it's impossible. I just think it's a very tough road. Pred's goaltending and defense would have to be playing up near to the top of their abilities to get through those series back to back. The gold brick road that was laid out for us in 16-17 probably isn't going to happen this year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Jets and Sharks can outscore their problems. That's where my fear comes into play. The Preds margin of error is much thinner. Of course I'll take my chances! I don't think it's impossible. I just think it's a very tough road. Pred's goaltending and defense would have to be playing up near to the top of their abilities to get through those series back to back. The gold brick road that was laid out for us in 16-17 probably isn't going to happen this year.

Oh, don't get me wrong- agree 100%- beating those two back to back is a brutal stretch.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If outscoring opponents as a means to win was the way to go Tampa and Toronto would be sitting on a lot more Cups than they are right now.

The problem with needing to score a lot of goals to win, you seemingly go cold at some point over the run and defenses seem to tighten up the further you go.

Yes you need guys that can score, but there is a reason you see the term " built for the playoffs " in reference to certain guys.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Blues are on fire, have 4 games in hand and are 10 points behind the Preds. I shouldn’t be worried but I am worried.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Blues are on fire, have 4 games in hand and are 10 points behind the Preds. I shouldn’t be worried but I am worried.

Gotta think/hope this is a first pass effect with Binnington a d once teams have had a couple of looks at him he will become more mortal.(much like Kinkaid, who gave up 8 goals tonight did last year)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So apparently Vancouver just traded for Marek Mazanec... had no idea he was still in North America

His biggest career highlight was undeservedly splitting games with Saros in the AHL because Evason is an idiot.

Stars are only 8 points behind with 3 games in hand too. If the Preds don't start playing better they may find themselves playing the Jets in the 1st round.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Stars are only 8 points behind with 3 games in hand too. If the Preds don't start playing better they may find themselves playing the Jets in the 1st round.

I'm not as worried about the Stars. They are a fundamentally flawed team. Nowhere near enough depth. I'm confident they won't catch the Preds. Full props to them for their season this far though.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah as bad as we think we've been, we are no where close to that level of stink. I blame most of their issue on the GM, dude should have fired the coach before the season ever started, and then he let it drag on to the point that I don't think the players even give a damn.

mackelroy

Nov 30, 2018
chicago
en.wikipedia.org
C5A2FB8E-CED9-414F-BAAA-B1029C5EFC11.jpeg

69CD29E9-0397-462F-94B8-99967FA99CBA.jpeg

Reactions: Byrddog

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
For all our angst we have actually gained two points on the Jets in the last 10 games. 6-3-1 for Preds(really doesnt seem like that, feels like 3-6-1) while the Jets are 5-4-1.

Edit... we are also the first team in the league to have played 60 games. The Blues have 4 games in hand on us. Crazy.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
For all our angst we have actually gained two points on the Jets in the last 10 games. 6-3-1 for Preds(really doesnt seem like that, feels like 3-6-1) while the Jets are 5-4-1.

Edit... we are also the first team in the league to have played 60 games. The Blues have 4 games in hand on us. Crazy.
I still haven't figured out how the schedule is so screwed up that teams can be that different. I guess the good way to look at it though is it means more rest in these last couple of months

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I still haven't figured out how the schedule is so screwed up that teams can be that different. I guess the good way to look at it though is it means more rest in these last couple of months

Not only have we played the most games (60), but 21 of the other 30 teams have played 57 or less, meaning we have played at least 3 more games than over 70% of the league.

Will be glad when that evens out- makes looking the standings very frustrating with just about every team we are battling having multiple games in hand.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Credit Koyvoo over in the NHL forum for this amazing stat:

Tampa’s gap over the 2nd place teams is 15 points.

The 2nd place teams gap over the 17th place team is 12 points.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Not only have we played the most games (60), but 21 of the other 30 teams have played 57 or less, meaning we have played at least 3 more games than over 70% of the league.

Will be glad when that evens out- makes looking the standings very frustrating with just about every team we are battling having multiple games in hand.

With the games played disparity, it is helpful to use the pts% column on the stats page at nhl.com. The preds have the 9th best pts% in the league ... 4th best in the conference ... 2nd in the division.

The Preds are on a 99-100 point pace right now. The Bolts are on pace for 127.

Reactions: Byrddog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad