Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
We are so blessed compared to that sewer dump in Edmonton. From what I have read, some ex Oilers are still involved in the organization. They need a complete FO clean out.

Poor McDavid. Wonder how different things might have been if Buffalo had won the lottery...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is also the third time in the last 4 games that the Caps have given up at least 7 goals.

Yep- and have lost 6 straight as well.

Also, although they pulled off a miraculous win, last night was the 4th straight game the Sharks have allowed 6 goals.

Preds have some issues, no doubt, but so do many of the elite teams in the league.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Just looked at the standings to see how far Colorado has fallen, and holy crap Vancouver is tied for a playoff spot.
All those top 5-10 picks (including, what, at least a 1, 2 and two 3s?) and still looking for an NHL-caliber defense and goaltender. Good thing they're on their way toward two more (including a possible 1st overall) this year. :shakehead

You know what our team would look like with just one more top 10 pick during that stretch?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Muzzin to Leafs is basically the first big "deadline" trade. The Kings got a pretty good return for him, I'd say. Grundstrom is a nice prospect. It's like 2 late 1sts and Durzi has some skills as a 2nd rounder too. The D-man market is not so flush with options as the forward market seems likely to be. So I don't know that this high futures price for Muzzin necessarily means we'd have to pay a similar price for a comparable forward.

Anyway, it seems like a good move for the Leafs.

I could imagine it also sets a bit of a precedent for what we might hope to get in any proposed Ellis/Subban trade. Pure futures are not on our menu, of course. But value-wise, Muzzin as a somewhat notable 2nd-pairing D is about on par with the way Ellis and Subban have been playing. Some different contract parameters, of course.

Interesting anyway!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Muzzin to Leafs is basically the first big "deadline" trade. The Kings got a pretty good return for him, I'd say. Grundstrom is a nice prospect. It's like 2 late 1sts and Durzi has some skills as a 2nd rounder too. The D-man market is not so flush with options as the forward market seems likely to be. So I don't know that this high futures price for Muzzin necessarily means we'd have to pay a similar price for a comparable forward.

Anyway, it seems like a good move for the Leafs.

I could imagine it also sets a bit of a precedent for what we might hope to get in any proposed Ellis/Subban trade. Pure futures are not on our menu, of course. But value-wise, Muzzin as a somewhat notable 2nd-pairing D is about on par with the way Ellis and Subban have been playing. Some different contract parameters, of course.

Interesting anyway!
Ellis and Subban are both superior defensemen to Muzzin, even in a "down" season. His numbers were still good last season but he hasn't been the same defenseman he was back around '15-'16.

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->