Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If Toronto craps on Marleau like this right when they are poised for a serious Cup run I hope karma doesnt just bite them in the ass I hope it dismembers them and burns them alive
I wouldn't mind seeing him in gold. I always liked him, despite the fact that he seemed to score on us at will.
Of course I don't know if we need anyone in that position, or what it would cost, etc. etc. ... I just like Marleau!

Kind of surprised me about Weber but I don't dislike the appointment at all.
Scotty--oh, my heart. One of my all time favorites.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hartnell was, is and always will be The ****ing Man.
Can I like this squared?

I remember back on the old boards I created this pretend story about Hartnell going out on the town with the other guys (one of my few clean ones, ah, youth). He was barely 18 but on the big squad so in one version I had the other players taking him out for Happy Meals. And now he's retiring. Full circle. Wish I still had it so I could change all the Happy Meals to "oatmeal" and "lime Jello" and repost. Kind of sad, but I'm glad his first and last uniforms were with the Preds.

Remember when they had that Preds promo series where Eudora was Scott Hartnell's grandma? First appearance of Smashville. I loved those!

Reactions: PredsV82

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
So, I guess Seattle is coming in 2020-2021, two seasons in between. What's the situation with Tolvanen, regardless of how much he plays he will be exempt?

I guess the two options we have are: wait for Josi's extension and sign him after the expansion draft or trade Ellis for a top-6 forward and protect:

Forsberg
Johansen
Arvidsson
Turris
Fiala
Jarnkrok/Hartman
X

Josi
Subban
Ekholm

The goalie situation is up for grabs. I'd prefer option #1 but I think #2 is more likely. They seem to want to get Josi done next summer already.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
From a fan's perspective, extending Josi after the expansion draft would be ideal, but unlikely.

Maybe Turris is the expendable piece, if they want to protect 4 dmen:
JOFA+Fiala
TOP4

No need to protect Jarnkrok or Rinne when you expose someone like Turris. This leaves us with Bonino (then one year remaining on contract) as #2C, but with Fiala and Tolvanen on his wings he'd be enough until a replacement is found.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
josi isn't going to jeopardize his future earnings for any team no matter how much he might love nashville. he has a concussion history. it's pretty simple. you make a run every year till expansion with what we have unless the right deal for one of our top 4 comes up. then at some point before expansion, if we need a tweak or cannot protect all that we want, you trade subban or ellis. poile made sure to not have any NTCs for good reason.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
You don't just toss out a team veteran who signed a multi-year deal because he wants to play in Nashville. It's more than just ones and zeros in a game code. Trading someone like Ellis would affect the locker room in a way that you don't want to do it without a good reason. It could happen of course, but I just don't see it happening.

I see it this way; losing Turris stings, but losing Ellis hurts like hell. And besides, I don't think Fabbro is ready by then.

When it comes to Fabbro, I'd rather look into the time Subban needs to be extended or if he walks. How likely is Fabbro to jump from uni to NHL over summer? Don't we realistically expect him to play one season in Milwaukee and then one on the 3rd pair or am I horribly underestimating his skill?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Lots of time to go and deals to be made before then. My guess would be age and position will be what determines it and its entirely possible Subban is left exposed by that point. Turris being a center I feel would be something done only if he hasn't lived up to his contract.

I figure if they kind of die in the playoffs this year Poile will be making adjustments anyways so who knows who could be on the team or in the pipeline at that point.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
if we don't win a cup in the next 2 years then some pretty big changes will probably be coming in one form or another. not a rebuild or anything but there will be a guy or 2 shipped out. poile has traded guys like shea weber, vokoun, seth jones, hornqvist, ect. ellis or subban wouldn't be difficult to part with if needed.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Fabbro situation might be similar to case Jones. Now with the core several years older I could easily see say Subban go to make room for Fabbro. Not necessarily by trade or expansion, because we might want to try to win while he's still with us, but one way or another.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Not sure the best place to post this but I'm in Nashville this week, anyone know of any Boston bars near the gulch? Big Boston sports week.

Also pretty upset preds are away while I'm here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->