Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Tend to agree here. In the regular season, Subban is the one I probably have the most problem with but in the two playoff runs he's been with us, he has been nothing short of spectacular, probably our best D overall in those runs. He just delivers in the playoffs.

Ellis on the other hand, hasn't had a good year so far, disappeared offensively in the last playoff run, and -17 run got injured in the Finals. Until that he was solid, but arguably the worst of the top-4. Also, we have Fabbro coming up and Ellis leaving should persuade Fabbro a little more into joining us.

The thing is, though that we just signed Ellis to a massive contract so he's not likely to get traded.
To me, it's just too rare to have a top-4 as good as ours. Forget about who goes on hotter streaks or who starts a little slower than somebody, etc... yeah, Subban started this year cold again, but was a total stud later on last year. Ellis was great for a stretch after coming back last year then went cold at the wrong time. But end of the day, they are all huge assets to our team and a big reason for our success. The cool thing is we aren't in any cap trouble and don't have any kinds of pressures to move any of them (in the short term at least). So I say just keep them all, be thankful, and use other assets in trades. We're basically in the perfect rental/contender trade scenario for giving up just futures to load up.

Now if things don't pan out over the next couple years, something more along the lines of changes of scenery or maneuvering for the expansion draft or trying to figure out how to fit new Josi/Ekholm contracts WILL come up. But that ain't now. Cross those bridges when we get to them. We aren't there yet.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I love PK. But flipping him for a 22 year old 1/2 C wouldn't be a bad plan for the future. With that said, I'm not convinced it would help win a cup this season unless they can somehow shore up the gaping defensive hole he would leave behind. The Preds are feeling his absence right now actually.

Would honestly rather move Ellis. /flamesuit
1) Nylander has not been a C at the NHL level and potentially never will be.
2) I'd kind of like to keep all the blueliners, myself. I'm greedy like that. :)

Reactions: Adz and LCPreds

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not sure if weird is the right word, but, it just seems.......random to me that of all teams that could very well end up drafting Jack Hughes it's the Kings. Better not be the Blues or Hawks.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm not sure if weird is the right word, but, it just seems.......random to me that of all teams that could very well end up drafting Jack Hughes it's the Kings. Better not be the Blues or Hawks.
It will jumpstart the Hawks or Kings rebuild, but feel like both teams are too old with too much bloated cap for it to make too much of a difference. Quite a few years down the road maybe. I think the Blues are a bit too good to be where they're at (all 3 teams actually, though the Kings have been pretty awful thus far) and are destined to finish in the black hole or as a wild card.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sammy Girard gets walked like a rented mule in the GWG in Colorado.

He's a good PMD but sometimes guys can just overpower him because of his small size. That's why I don't think he'll ever be a legit top-pairing defenseman.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

He's a good PMD but sometimes guys can just overpower him because of his small size. That's why I don't think he'll ever be a legit top-pairing defenseman.
He's only 20, but good lord 5'10", 162lbs is so f***ing small

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

His 5on5 production is also putrid, Avs fans massively overrate him.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Reports saying Seattle will begin in the 2021-2022 season and cap will go up by 3.5 million to 83M next season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Can somebody tell me the logic of raising the cap every single year and then having lockouts because they feel like they pay they players too much money?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Man oh man are the Blackhawks a dumpster fire- down 2-0 just a few minutes in- virtually a carbon copy of our game Saturday.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Man oh man are the Blackhawks a dumpster fire- down 2-0 just a few minutes in- virtually a carbon copy of our game Saturday.

I took a look at their roster and it is even worse than I thought. They really have no depth after Kane, Toews, Debrincat, Anisomov, and Saad. Saad is underachieving.

On the back end they have nothing. Keith and Seabrook are past their primes. With an obvious rebuild coming and Kane and Toews being 30 years old you would think they would have to at least consider moving those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->