Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Could anyone recommend any good places that have Meat and Three and also bars, pubs or restaurants downtown Nashville around Bridgestone Arena?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Man, had we won last night would have been a GREAT night. Jets and Wild both blew a 3rd period lead and lost at home.

Minnesota loss was BRUTAL- had a 3-1 lead in the third period. Arizona had 7 shots on goal through two periods- and wound up with 14 total for the game. And still beat the Wild- lol.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Honestly, Toronto doesn't need Nylander. They are much better off trading him and upgrading their blue line. I know that's a hot take, but with Matthews healthy, they don't need more firepower upfront.

Regardless, seeing the chaos unfold has been a ton of fun to watch.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Honestly, Toronto doesn't need Nylander. They are much better off trading him and upgrading their blue line. I know that's a hot take, but with Matthews healthy, they don't need more firepower upfront.

In summary, how do we get Nylander in gold?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

What the rest of the NHL needs is for Nylander to either a) go through with his holdout and make the Leafs suffer his loss for the full year, or b) Leafs to sign Nylander at a full rich-market long-term salary... like $7M+ for 7 or 8 years. They had the audacity with the money they make to try to sell their players on taking discounts after their Tavares pursuit. Nylander is blazing a strong trail so far, and if Marner and Matthews can likewise be encouraged to pursue their full market value, then that will be good for the rest of the league.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Ellis, Ekholm, Josi, or Subban goes to Toronto. There's no other way.
Agreed, and Nylander is simply not a player who has shown to be on the level that you even contemplate trading one of our top-4 for him. Maybe one day he will rise to that level, maybe he won't - but he's more likely to be a complementary player than any kind of cornerstone player in my opinion. I would steer clear of the whole Nylander circus. Let the Leafs sign him, or let him hold out for the year, whatever, he's not somebody we should be looking at.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I love PK. But flipping him for a 22 year old 1/2 C wouldn't be a bad plan for the future. With that said, I'm not convinced it would help win a cup this season unless they can somehow shore up the gaping defensive hole he would leave behind. The Preds are feeling his absence right now actually.

Would honestly rather move Ellis. /flamesuit

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I’m on the Stone or bust train.
I want a pure add anyway. I think it is a valid point in time for the franchise to do Whatever It Takes in terms of loading up for a Cup... in the traditional sense of trading picks/prospects/futures to add a player. If you trade a current core D player for a guy like Nylander, that isn't a pure add. Stone, Duchesne, some other impending-UFA rental you get for futures only, I think that's where we need to focus.

(And I like Stone best of all too amongst the candidates - but would definitely not make it "or bust"... there are lots of other good impending-UFA/rental types out there I'd look at if he wasn't attainable).

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Agreed, and Nylander is simply not a player who has shown to be on the level that you even contemplate trading one of our top-4 for him. Maybe one day he will rise to that level, maybe he won't - but he's more likely to be a complementary player than any kind of cornerstone player in my opinion. I would steer clear of the whole Nylander circus. Let the Leafs sign him, or let him hold out for the year, whatever, he's not somebody we should be looking at.
Kapanen's production makes me a little more wary of Nylander. Not necessarily same role or usage, and Kapanen has slightly tailed off, but you could plug a lot of guys into that offense and get 60+ points.

Reactions: Tex76

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I love PK. But flipping him for a 22 year old 1/2 C wouldn't be a bad plan for the future. With that said, I'm not convinced it would help win a cup this season unless they can somehow shore up the gaping defensive hole he would leave behind. The Preds are feeling his absence right now actually.

Tend to agree here. In the regular season, Subban is the one I probably have the most problem with but in the two playoff runs he's been with us, he has been nothing short of spectacular, probably our best D overall in those runs. He just delivers in the playoffs.

Ellis on the other hand, hasn't had a good year so far, disappeared offensively in the last playoff run, and -17 run got injured in the Finals. Until that he was solid, but arguably the worst of the top-4. Also, we have Fabbro coming up and Ellis leaving should persuade Fabbro a little more into joining us.

The thing is, though that we just signed Ellis to a massive contract so he's not likely to get traded.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad