NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 VI - Trades & transactions edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
hearing more and more talk out of Toronto as they panic {lets give these guys short contracts and then we can sign them for nothing}

this might not be the best place to laugh at this... but you are the people I care to talk with so I will share my response here anyhow.

$1,339,575 or lessNo compensation
$1,339,576 to $2,029,659Third-round pick
$2,029,660 to $4,059,322Second-round pick
$4,059,323 to $6,088,980First and third-round picks
$6,088,981 to $8,118,641First, second and third-round picks
$8,118,642 to $10,148,302Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $10,148,302Four first-round picks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

what im showing is compensation for rfa offer sheets so... lets play this out

Toronto... ok marner and Matthews we are going to force you to take a bridge 3 year deal at 7.5 mill and then you can get your money back on the next deal when you become an ufa.

marner and Matthews... umm... really?

boston or some other team competing with Toronto... hey guys want a 4 year deal at 10 mill then get to go to ufa and get even richer?

I mean wouldn't any of you be willing to give up 2 firsts to 'rent' marner or Matthews for 4 years???

even if these guys wanted to stay in Toronto... why take multiple years at 6-8 mill? go to arbitration next year and you would beat that offer. hold out this year if necessary and get a vacation for half the season if Toronto is trying to screw you on a fair 1 year offer... then go to arbitration next year and get paid... then go again and get paid... then off to ufa and get paid

Toronto better accept reality... they managed to draft 2 franchise players... but now they need to pay. it was probably a huge huge huge mistake to pay Tavares and nylander but let this be a lesson to us all. the cap management is NOT A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE and when you bungle it you will create a revolt in your fan base.

lots of boston fans still boil blood when they think of johnny boychuk leaving

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
here we go, cue the "how could the Pens/Panthers pull this off and the Bruins do nuthin` crowd"

honestly that seems to be pittsburgs move... they are so close to the cap that they cant add another contract so pretty much what you see is what they got

was it enough?

as for florida… 2 4th round picks and an expiring contract like sheehan for the kid might be a pretty good return... but a second and the expiring ufa brassard for bjugstad... is that really something any of us would want?

im happy that there are trades out there that are 'hockey trades' and this feels like a hockey trade to me. but its not one im losing any sleep over

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
honestly that seems to be pittsburgs move... they are so close to the cap that they cant add another contract so pretty much what you see is what they got

was it enough?

as for florida… 2 4th round picks and an expiring contract like sheehan for the kid might be a pretty good return... but a second and the expiring ufa brassard for bjugstad... is that really something any of us would want?

im happy that there are trades out there that are 'hockey trades' and this feels like a hockey trade to me. but its not one im losing any sleep over
well said, nor will I lose a wink over this one either

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
hearing more and more talk out of Toronto as they panic {lets give these guys short contracts and then we can sign them for nothing}

this might not be the best place to laugh at this... but you are the people I care to talk with so I will share my response here anyhow.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Toronto... ok marner and Matthews we are going to force you to take a bridge 3 year deal at 7.5 mill and then you can get your money back on the next deal when you become an ufa.

boston or some other team competing with Toronto... hey guys want a 4 year deal at 10 mill then get to go to ufa and get even richer?

I mean wouldn't any of you be willing to give up 2 firsts to 'rent' marner or Matthews for 4 years???

even if these guys wanted to stay in Toronto... why take multiple years at 6-8 mill? go to arbitration next year and you would beat that offer. hold out this year if necessary and get a vacation for half the season if Toronto is trying to screw you on a fair 1 year offer... then go to arbitration next year and get paid... then go again and get paid... then off to ufa and get paid

Toronto better accept reality... they managed to draft 2 franchise players... but now they need to pay. it was probably a huge huge huge mistake to pay Tavares and nylander but let this be a lesson to us all. the cap management is NOT A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE and when you bungle it you will create a revolt in your fan base.

You're still laughing at a team for drafting and developing a ton of talented hockey players. And then acquiring another for free in free agency.

No amount of spin makes this a bad problem for that team. All of these players are high value and are all assets.

Always was always will be - a good problem to have.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Hawks blowing it vs Sabres 4-3 now with 8 mins left.Capitals on 7 game losing streak up 3-2 in 3rd with 12 mins left. Last win vs Bruins.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
tOWyML1WPzKjm.gif

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Play in Washington be ready to kill penalties not to mention Caps have the sneakiest dirty team in League.Backstrom blindsides Johnny hockey and Tkachuk took at least 4 dirty slashes with zero calls .Orpik got a shock cause Tkachuk punched him right in the mouth . .Hope Bruins are ready to fight Sunday

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Without getting into the cap ramifications and all the other minutiae of the idea....I am 100% ok with offer sheeting players....specifically Marner.

4 x 10, I doubt they could match.

So for the first two years of him being here they don’t have a #1.

Big deal. They have a legit 85-95 point first liner, under 25 and 4 years to convince him to stay long term.

And before anyone replies with the inevitable....yeah but then Toronto will just do the same thing to us.

OK, maybe....but it’s more likely that they won’t be in a cap position to do so at the same time that a worthwhile Bruin hits RFA/UFA.

They have JT and Matthews who will be raking in, what? lol 20 million between them.

That’s a big nut for two guys.

If they ever get a #1 defenseman they’ll have to pay them, Rielly, Nylander, Kari, etc.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Without getting into the cap ramifications and all the other minutiae of the idea....I am 100% ok with offer sheeting players....specifically Marner.

4 x 10, I doubt they could match.

So for the first two years of him being here they don’t have a #1.

Big deal. They have a legit 85-95 point first liner, under 25 and 4 years to convince him to stay long term.

And before anyone replies with the inevitable....yeah but then Toronto will just do the same thing to us.

OK, maybe....but it’s more likely that they won’t be in a cap position to do so at the same time that a worthwhile Bruin hits RFA/UFA.

They have JT and Matthews who will be raking in, what? lol 20 million between them.

That’s a big nut for two guys.

If they ever get a #1 defenseman they’ll have to pay them, Rielly, Nylander, Kari, etc.
they would simply trade Nylander then match. there's no way they'd let Marner get offer-sheeted

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
they would simply trade Nylander then match. there's no way they'd let Marner get offer-sheeted

They can match it or accept the picks.A good agent would wait and drive price up this way.Offer sheets be nice for Bruins cause it drives price up for Leafs .More money they forced to spend the better.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Maybe/probably, but then they’ve been forced to trade a good young player (obviously he’s not as bad as he’s been playing) for a lesser return or futures.

As an aside.....can a team offer sheet more than one player?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Maybe/probably, but then they’ve been forced to trade a good young player (obviously he’s not as bad as he’s been playing) for a lesser return or futures.

As an aside.....can a team offer sheet more than one player?

Not sure they can do that because you need your own 1st rounders available as compensation I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->