NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 V - Pens trade Brassard+ for Bjugstad+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Byron gets 3 games. DoPS still focuses way too much on the 'injury' aspect. Don't hit people in the head though.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wow, what is going on with him? Is it his defense?

I know in Edmonton he had some off ice incident that got him benched. Maybe something similar off ice related in Edmonton? Fenton was around in Nashville when they drafted him as well.

On ice for the ducks he hasn't played since the 6th after a string of 1 goal in 8 games and a -11.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I know in Edmonton he had some off ice incident that got him benched. Maybe something similar off ice related in Edmonton? Fenton was around in Nashville when they drafted him as well.

On ice for the ducks he hasn't played since the 6th after a string of 1 goal in 8 games and a -11.

-11 ooof

Thats D

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
E
Sounds like #Canucks⁠ ⁠ have traded Michael Del Zotto to #Ducks in exchange for Luke Schenn and a late-round pick.

From Serravelli at TSN

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
so im watching the Toronto hockey shows from the last couple days... lots of talk about how Toronto might have to play boston in playoffs... whats the reward for finishing with so many points they complain?

the talk goes... do you want a 1-16 playoff? they say yes... that's more fair

so what would a 1-16 look like?

tampa vrs Colorado... is that a matchup everyone will get excited for?
Calgary vrs dallas… not much rivalry there
san jose vrs buffalo... I suppose buffalo is happy to get into playoffs but san jose has travel penalty
Winnipeg vrs Pittsburgh... we all know how penguin fans feel about Winnipeg lol
Nashville vrs islanders... might set a new record for lowest watched playoff ever?
vegas vrs montreal… do they care about the patches trade?
Columbus vrs boston… would we prefer this to Toronto? really?
and finally
Toronto at Washington... so Toronto media so afraid their team has a hard matchup vrs boston under the current system and want to change it... now they are a road team against Washington lol

is there a single team other than buffalo that would prefer 1-16 to the current system

please fans... I know you like to complain. you hate whatever the current system is... but use your heads before you say you prefer the other system. you hated it too. you simply have a short attention span and you cant remember hating it now. its not better

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
seeing a lot of people point out on twitter that William Nylander has as many points as Jaroslav Halak this season :laugh:

i didn't think Nylander would be worth that contract, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Staying out really blew up in his face big time. Yeah he got his money but now he's struggling to live up to the expectations that come when you sign a deal that big. Hopefully he'll get his act together after the break.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
Adam McQuaid took another slap shot on the PK, this time his right arm. He had lost his stick (broken) and tried to block the shot with his body. He succeeded but man you could tell that one hurt. Former Bruin prospect Ryan Lindgren (sp?) made his NHL debut- took a slashing penalty because the Carolina player he was defending blew right by him (welcome to the NHL, kid).

Carolina looked really bad last night, Rangers went up 4-1 in the second when I finally shut it off.
McQuaid fought Reaves ....good fight until McQuaid helmet came off , he was off balance and Reaves hit him on the side of the head ( sort of a cheap shot )

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Impressive win for Winnipeg tonight in Nashville. Aside from those two teams, the Central is a disaster; so unless something bizarre happens in the second half, they'll meet in the second round again.

Dallas mailed it in the first two periods against LA, rallied in the third, but fell short. Going by the compete level and player's body language, I'm still not convinced Jim Montgomery ever won over that dressing room.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Impressive win for Winnipeg tonight in Nashville. Aside from those two teams, the Central is a disaster; so unless something bizarre happens in the second half, they'll meet in the second round again.

Dallas mailed it in the first two periods against LA, rallied in the third, but fell short. Going by the compete level and player's body language, I'm still not convinced Jim Montgomery ever won over that dressing room.

I think he's in over his head & Dallas should not have hired him.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Don't look now but Dobby is on Fiyah! Not saying we should have re-signed him, but it is good to see. I've been able to see him several times this season on TV and he has been really good for the most part. Maybe he is a late bloomer.

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad