Around the NHL 2018-19, Part 6: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 27798

The NHL has to stop calling penalties based on the aftermath of the play. Look at how ridiculous the high sticking rule is. If there is a couple of drops of blood it goes from 2 minutes to 4 or 5, but if a guy gets high sticked, and gets his jaw broken, but no sign of blood...2 minutes.

A guy gets tripped, and as a result, falls and breaks his wrist, does he also get a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Of course not...he gets 2 minutes. Last night brought to light the absurdity of the officials ruling.

PENALIZE THE ACT, AND NOT THE AFTERMATH OF THE INFRACTION.

It's this kind of nonsense, that will keep the NHL in 4th place(and nowhere close to the other 3) among american professional sports leagues.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Of course they can. It sums up why the NHL is a joke league among "major sports."
Every major league has blown calls of this, or even greater, magnitude. The NFL had one just a couple of months ago that sent the Rams to the Superbowl.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Of course they can. It sums up why the NHL is a joke league among "major sports."

Umm..did you miss the NFC Championship game last year? Or the NBA official who was fixing games a ways back? I mean the NHL refereeing is terrible, but so is pretty much every league's.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Every major league has blown calls of this, or even greater, magnitude. The NFL had one just a couple of months ago that sent the Rams to the Superbowl.
There's a qualitative difference between missing a call and inventing a call.

The retconning is also something else. Rather than "we screwed up" it's full denial.

Reactions: Chainshot

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Umm..did you miss the NFC Championship game last year? Or the NBA official who was fixing games a ways back? I mean the NHL refereeing is terrible, but so is pretty much every league's.

At least the NHL comes out and tells us their officiating is intentionally poor. Not sure which is better TBH.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Unfortunately I was sleeping when the call happened, but I see two penalties on the play. The crosscheck and throwing a vulnerable player head first into the ice.
They knocked Pavelski out of the series.
Dumb play by Vegas.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
The idea that the NHL isn't as popular as it should be because of the reffing is nonsense. You know how many times I've gone to a bar where a hockey game was on and the people there were like "Man, this sport would be great fun to watch if they just got more of those calls right!"? :rolleyes:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Vegas is a dirty team. Sometimes it comes back to bite you, not gonna cry over it. I'd probably be pissed as a Vegas fan tho

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The call was classic NHL - welcome to the world the rest of us live in Knight fans.

That said, your team blew a 3-1 games lead to lose three straight. Maybe be pissed about games five and six or the utter terribleness of the PK that matches a record for futility.

And let’s not forget that Pavs got rodeo’d to the ice and the blood pouring out of his helmet. The hurt him. It wasn’t a fluke. I don’t know if they got the right guy but driving a player’s head into the ice should be a penalty.

Herman Hessian

Bleed Green !
Oct 1, 2010
Brighton; UK
fun (and much overused) fact: since the salary cap era began in 2005, only the Leafs and Panthers have yet to win a playoff series.

With Q in Florida, taking charge of Huberdeau, Barkov, Trocheck, Hoffman, Dadonov, Yandle, Ekblad, Borgstrom, Tippett and the like, it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility that this time next year, that same fact (sic) could be a whole lot funner...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
There's a qualitative difference between missing a call and inventing a call.

The retconning is also something else. Rather than "we screwed up" it's full denial.
Remember this is the same league that ignored a season long rule about the goalies crease being inviolate until game 6 of a Stanley Cup final when it became inconvenient to enforce it.

This league has NO credibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad