Around the NHL 2018-19, Part 6: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Exactly.

Bad call, maybe. But no sympathy from me for Vegas.

Now in a different scenario where SJ scored twice, one to tie and one to take the lead thats a different story.

But you give up 4 goals on the major blowing a 3-0 lead, you deserve that.
They can't blame the call. They tied it up and had a shot in OT. Game could have gone either way.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1556109392213.jpg

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Obviously Vegas choked on the PK, but that is a crown jewel of a bad call. The whole scenario swung emotion and momentum the other way. It changed the result all by itself, on a play that happens ten times a game and never gets a major. Joke league. This call, the non-goalie interference in the Bos/Tor series, the no-penalty on Foegele after sending Oshie into the boards...it goes on and on. This is what we have to look forward to one day when the Sabres get back into the playoffs - "No goal" part two and three...and four...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was a bad call but Vegas needed to experience a little "suffering" for once. :laugh:

Bad call or not though holy crap make a stop. How do you give up 4 goals in one major penalty?

Somebody on TSN radio was saying that that hadn’t happened before or that it only happened once prio.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Also, while it may have been a dubious call… They had the Sharkes on the ropes with a 3-1 series lead and lost three straight.

Yea, Vegas got what they deserved for blowing a 3-1 series lead and giving up 4 PP goals in 4 minutes... but how they got it... was so wrong.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Vegas Goal 3. Right between the pillows.

You all can go to bed now. This series is over......
Dammit... fell asleep....
I fell asleep after the (IMO) high-stick goal was not overturned...

This aged well
And I woke up around 1:00 AM in the chair with 18:41 remaining in the 1st OT. Had I known what happened, in the manner it did, I would have re-wound to watch the 2nd half of the 3rd period.

[And this is where I express my annual dismay at the NHL.com website and non-intuitive multiple-clicks needed to see game highlights.]

It was crap call but Vegas come on man. 4 goals allowed on the ensuing 5min PP?
In just 4 minutes, too.

The NHL can’t avoid reffing to the score. If that’s even a 3-2 game, or if SJ is winning, that’s a two-minute minor. But I agree, don’t give up 4 goals on the major.
I was surprised a penalty was even called. Cross-check after the face off happen dozens of times a game.

They can't blame the call. They tied it up and had a shot in OT. Game could have gone either way.
Disagree. What such a call and ensuing events do your individual and collective psyche, never mind your player utilization strategy for killing a 5-min major. But as others noted, it's equally if not more egregious to give up a 3-1 Series lead.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Its time to start reviewing all major penalties, its too important to a game to get that wrong, and I wanted Vegas to lose

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Its time to start reviewing all major penalties, its too important to a game to get that wrong, and I wanted Vegas to lose

Reviewing penalties in the NHL would open a door directly to hell.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I mean, I agree that Vegas' PK should have been better, but people that use that as a counter to fans focusing on that call is nonsense. When a referee does something that blatantly incompetent to give a team 5 minutes of PP that doesn't go away no matter how many goals are scored, in the third period of a game seven, when nothing egregious happened, it NEEDS to be talked about, and trashed, because even though Vegas f***ed up, the game was theirs if the refs didn't make up a call only after they saw Pavs lying on the ice for 10 seconds, exactly like they AREN'T supposed to do.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
This has been like the greatest NHL playoffs ever and we're only 1 round in. I literally like all the remaining teams except for Boston. So glad that Vegas and Toronto are done.

edit: Forgot about Washington and Carolina. Yeah f*** the Canes. Go Caps!

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Even though they lost, that Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith line is just something else to watch... they absolutely dominated the puck and were a threat to score every shift in OT. Marchessault has turned into one of my favourite players in the league, his hockey iq and decision-making is unreal. He's so creative and his ability to make positive plays in tight spaces is top notch, especially for his size.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I still can't believe the Sharks pulled it off. That was amazing.

Now on to watch the Caps sink tonight to complete the craziest first round ever. :laugh:

Reactions: brian_griffin

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
This has been like the greatest NHL playoffs ever and we're only 1 round in. I literally like all the remaining teams except for Boston. So glad that Vegas and Toronto are done.

edit: Forgot about Washington and Carolina. Yeah **** the Canes. Go Caps!
It's all going downhill from here, the fatigue factor is insurmountable, and hopefully an argument for a 76-game season once Seattle is part of a 32 team league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad