Around the NHL 2018-19, Part 6: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I like the Blues more than most teams, wish ROR success, and don't really like the Jets. But I sure was rooting for the Jets to win that one. They got smashed in the 3rd. Totally overrated team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like the Blues more than most teams, wish ROR success, and don't really like the Jets. But I sure was rooting for the Jets to win that one. They got smashed in the 3rd. Totally overrated team.

Yeah, I want the Blues and RoR to do well to continue to rub it in the face of every culture-pap spewing hayseed comment about that roster vivisection... but the draft pick is about the only item of value that anyone can still hang anything on and them advancing doesn't help the Sabres draft position. Sorry Blues... go unlikeable Jets.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
What a win by the Blues!

Aggravating though.

Everything else is kind of falling the way we need it to so far, except for this Blues series.

They’d still have to make it past the 2nd round though.

They’re playing such good hockey that I’m not sure I’d bet against seeing them in the conference finals.
I’m not sure I see Nashville or Dallas beating them. Was kind of counting on the Jets...

Reactions: MagnumForce2

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
The Blues battled and deserved to win....The Jets only registered 1 shot on a 4 minute powerplay...they opened the door for the Blues and let them back in the game...then the momentum shifted. The only reason I want the Jets is because of the draft pick. It is fun watching real hockey during the playoffs compared to the hockey that I watched the majority of the year. Someday maybe.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm thinking Paul Maurice is starting to sink. Tonight's loss is what happens when your team stops skating and plays not to lose.

I'm not sure what sort of fire he needs to light under some of his big contract guys, but what's he getting out of Buff? Laine? Scheifele? Ehlers? Trouba? They seem out of sink. Maybe it is that the Blues had to play in rather than coast, they are far more used to producing under the stress of it having been doing it for months now.

Reactions: Irving Zisman

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Who could have foreseen the Central being as bad as it is. 5 teams in the playoffs but they're all mediocre at best, Colorado being the exception has caught fire at the right time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Amazing to think the Knights created a 1B line this year with the signing of Stastny and the trades for MaxPac and Stone.

I await being told that Botterill needs to continue to wait to make moves for yet another year.

Reactions: Baccus

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Marchessault makes it a 1 goal game.

I love potential elimination games!

I hope to see the Sabres play with this type of intensity one day...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm not sure what sort of fire he needs to light under some of his big contract guys, but what's he getting out of Buff? Laine? Scheifele? Ehlers? Trouba? They seem out of sink. Maybe it is that the Blues had to play in rather than coast, they are far more used to producing under the stress of it having been doing it for months now.

Winnipeg pretty well **** the bed tonight and its pretty much over for them. They didn't finish the season on a real strong note only putting forth effort at the very end to hang on to their place in the standings. Their lackadaisical play has pretty much caught up with them.

Unless Maurice can stoke the fires with an inter team brawl at practice tomorrow and get the blood flowing again.

Worked for St. Louis earlier in the year...... :sarcasm:

Uhhh... "synch". Not "sink". Although Col. Bob Sink who organized the 101st airborne division was pretty good at kicking butts.

(Liked his bourbon too.....:naughty:)

Reactions: Eichel9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->