Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You guys would appreciate this: last night at Barclays game goes to OT. Isles get possession and get into the Blues zone. People around me are getting upset that the team was maintaining posession and not just firing a shot. How anyone could be a hockey fan and not understand that in 3v3 keeping possession is the key blew my mind. And wouldn't you know it: the Barzilla hit Fillpila with a pass going in all alone on goal and he burried it.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
You guys would appreciate this: last night at Barclays game goes to OT. Isles get possession and get into the Blues zone. People around me are getting upset that the team was maintaining posession and not just firing a shot. How anyone could be a hockey fan and not understand that in 3v3 keeping possession is the key blew my mind. And wouldn't you know it: the Barzilla hit Fillpila with a pass going in all alone on goal and he burried it.
Eh, wrong takeaway to appreciate here: Dunn's genius blind NZ drop pass (set play?) intercepted, so STL hemmed-in for rest of shift, and then Dunn gets caught trying to change when puck got to Barzal = OTL.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Eh, wrong takeaway to appreciate here: Dunn's genius blind NZ drop pass (set play?) intercepted, so STL hemmed-in for rest of shift, and then Dunn gets caught trying to change when puck got to Barzal = OTL.
Was talking in relation to the people around me not understanding basic 3v3 tactical strategy.

Reactions: Woodhouse

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
The advent of 3v3 OT is kind of a barometer if somebody understands hockey at all. It took like 30 seconds of first seeing it to be like, DON'T GIVE UP THE GODDAMN PUCK!

Or you know you could have watched the Red Wings and even Sharks Russian heavy lines 25 years ago.

Reactions: sabremike

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

hopefully he doesn't get "sick" and we can recoup some value.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
WTF? The cost for Nino was a cap dump? Carolina only takes on about $4m in real money and an additional $1.25MM in cap space?

Reactions: Chainshot

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Did Fenton look back at the initial Clutterbuck for Nino trade and go, "Hold my beer?" That's the only way this deal makes any sense to me.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah Canes definitely get the edge, Nino probably fills the Ferland void once he's traded. Maybe change of scenery can get Rask going again, still just 25, he's still got some value as a bottom 6 C. A bit surprised there wasn't a little add from CAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->